Finding gear for women - should it be difficult? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finding gear for women - should it be difficult?

marbles999

Not sure where to post this, but as a newbie on this site and newbie to the whole motorcycle scene, I have noticed it's hard to find items in my size unless it is at regular prices.

Am I the only one who feels that many of the places that sell clothing for women are limited in sizes?

Royal distributing has their sale flyer and everything listed for women is either XS-M or 2XL. What happened to L or XL. And very specific sizes. When I was at their Guelph location they told me about the sale and that they might have more stuff clearing.

Do you men have these problems finding your size and style of what you want? Does everyone pay regular prices?

Does everyone buy the new stock or wait until the end of the season in hopes of snagging a deal? Go to Re-gear or something similar?

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Now you know how I feel when I go to Winners. ;)

Yes, you are correct. Due to the overwhelming majority of the market being male, it is more difficult for women to find gear.

With that in mind, I still find local brick and mortar stores extremely overpriced, therefore I do most of my shopping online or on Kijiji. You can find new or almost new items on Kijiji easily because a lot of people give up on riding quickly or buy gear for their partners who don't really want to ride at all.

Fortnine.ca is good (formerly Canada's Motorcycle). Returns are $7 shipping. Use the size guides, and check reviews both there and other online places (revzilla).

Ryan @ F9 will set you up.

I guess you can lose weight or gain weight then you have the choices they offer.:kermit:

If your looking at Royal Dist ect. your going to get limited sizes. Yes the sales are good. Marbles999 you dont post a location but if your close got see Town Moto, its a T.O. store run by a women and her partner, or Motociceletta in Burlington, they have a decent womens section and Mike is a nice guy, but neither will be cheap. They both do quality and service which has a value.

Yes Fortnine has a closeout section with quite a few items for women,depends what you're looking for.

@crankcall she is in Vaughan
@marbles999 take a drive over to Daytona at steeles and weston. Not brand name stuff, but they might have your size.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thanks everyone. I have been "window" shopping for a while now and actually subscribe to Revilla.

@joebass, will try there when I have a chance. Only checked out their website.

@TK4 as for GPBikes, I got my helmet from them at the Motorcycle show in January.

@crankcall I didn't know about those 2 places but if I am in the area, will check them out.

Online... Not so sure about fit etc.

I did go to ReGear in Oshawa last month and did pick up my boots and jacket at a reasonable price but going that way is a day trip. So are most places. Why aren't there more places near me?

I've been riding fortnine years but you're gonna have moar gears soon. What ever happened to Kodiaks and deer skin gloves? Throw in a matching suit of 14oz cotton dungarees and your homefree.

When I started out, gear was so expensive. Leather jacket was $600-700. There was absolutely no women clothing.

Consider yourself lucky

When I started out, gear was so expensive. Leather jacket was $600-700. There was absolutely no women clothing.

Consider yourself lucky
You wear women's gear?

No pic ^^

Its impossible. The royal sales have some L/XL in the fall but the spring sale is last year's stuff and super picked through.
Watch kijiji, some stuff comes up and boots/gloves can be mens unless you're tiny. I watch the revzilla videos and try on different brands any time I go past a shop. Joe rocket jackets are pretty boxy, Astars are fitted but at least a size small. Never found a dainese that I could afford but GP carries several (in the spring).
I'm still looking for pants that aren't designed for a 13 year old boy.
Piece by piece...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Marbles999, you have no location under your name. You can change your location in your profile. With a location, local riders will be more willing to contact you personally and offer more specific store recommendations. Right now we're talking about stores from Burlington to Whitby, i.e. the whole width of the GTA.

I have some women's small and xsmall gear to sell if anyone is around 5'2", 105 lbs and looking for gear.

Marbles999, you have no location under your name. You can change your location in your profile. With a location, local riders will be more willing to contact you personally and offer more specific store recommendations. Right now we're talking about stores from Burlington to Whitby, i.e. the whole width of the GTA.

Thanks for this. I didn't know I could post location when I signed up. Have updated my info now.

Its impossible. The royal sales have some L/XL in the fall but the spring sale is last year's stuff and super picked through.
Watch kijiji, some stuff comes up and boots/gloves can be mens unless you're tiny. I watch the revzilla videos and try on different brands any time I go past a shop. Joe rocket jackets are pretty boxy, Astars are fitted but at least a size small. Never found a dainese that I could afford but GP carries several (in the spring).
I'm still looking for pants that aren't designed for a 13 year old boy.
Piece by piece...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
So... Besides ReGear in Oshawa and Kingston, are their any stores around the GTA? Kijiji is very hit and miss and so far either location is too far to even contemplate going out to try or size and/style is an issue.

Thanks for giving me your advice.

Back
Top Bottom