Looking for help finding my keys tonight (right now) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for help finding my keys tonight (right now)

sevet

This might be strange but long story short, my lanyard and keys fell out of my pocket while riding from midtown to downtown and back just a few minutes ago. I'm looking for people who are willing to come backtrack the route with me as additional sets of eyes.

Might sound like a joke, but I'm dead serious. Please PM me.

Thanks folks.

What city?

This might be strange but long story short, my lanyard and keys fell out of my pocket while riding from midtown to downtown and back just a few minutes ago. I'm looking for people who are willing to come backtrack the route with me as additional sets of eyes.

Might sound like a joke, but I'm dead serious. Please PM me.

Thanks folks.

Did you find them?

I heard that inreb guy tend to sell things he finds or expects a reward.

Did you find them?

I heard that inreb guy tend to sell things he finds or expects a reward.

Nope. I rode the route I took last night, then followed that with another trip in the car. Went out on the bike again this morning, nothing.

Called all the possible police divisions that my keys could've ended up at last night and tonight, no luck.

Nothing I can't replace on there, but the big item on there is the keyless ignition fob thing for the car. That'll cost me.

That sucks. Hope you found them. Yesterday, I put my mom's summer tires back on her car but left the wheel-lock key on the lug. Went for a short test drive around the block and lost it lol.

Nope. I rode the route I took last night, then followed that with another trip in the car. Went out on the bike again this morning, nothing.

Called all the possible police divisions that my keys could've ended up at last night and tonight, no luck.

Nothing I can't replace on there, but the big item on there is the keyless ignition fob thing for the car. That'll cost me.

I think Hyundai told me $400.00 each.

Unless it's a big ring of keys or have a big fob, riding or driving would be hard to see on the side of the road. Would have to walk it, no?

Unless it's a big ring of keys or have a big fob, riding or driving would be hard to see on the side of the road. Would have to walk it, no?

It had a lanyard on with I think two key rings and a total of 7 keys + 2 or 3 little plastic tags with barcodes on them + small fob for garage access + keyless ignition fob for my car

So...a decent amount of crap on it.

I honestly think the most likely place it would've fallen is on the DVP/Gardiner and obviously hard to walk that stretch :D

I hate to be that guy, but if it was on a lanyard, then how come it wasn't around your neck?
I'm always paranoid about losing stuff, even when not on the bike.
I'm gonna bring back the fanny pack!

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I hate to be that guy, but if it was on a lanyard, then how come it wasn't around your neck?
I'm always paranoid about losing stuff, even when not on the bike.
I'm gonna bring back the fanny pack!

I've had my keys on a lanyard for years now and never used it to put it around my neck. Just easier to grab from pockets or wherever. I've forgotten to zip up my jacket pocket before with my keys and what not inside and never had anything fall out until this time...

I've had my keys on a lanyard for years now and never used it to put it around my neck. Just easier to grab from pockets or wherever. I've forgotten to zip up my jacket pocket before with my keys and what not inside and never had anything fall out until this time...
Ah I see.
Well I still hope that you find them. Have the street sweepers been out yet?

Ah I see.
Well I still hope that you find them. Have the street sweepers been out yet?

I have no idea. I've more or less given up on it though at this poiint. I'll give the TPS property bureau a call tomorrow (if they're open) and see if they have anything that might be my keys.

I had a friend give me a bunch of the bluetooth GPS "TrackR" devices a month or three ago - he was a beta tester and long story short has quite a few of them.

They've been fairly solid for finding our keys through the house, garage, etc - my wife is famous for losing her keys at every turn.

I have not yet (and hopefully never will) had the need to test out the crowdsourced tracking features, but it is an option if you lose your keys in a public place.

It had a lanyard on with I think two key rings and a total of 7 keys + 2 or 3 little plastic tags with barcodes on them + small fob for garage access + keyless ignition fob for my car

So...a decent amount of crap on it.

I honestly think the most likely place it would've fallen is on the DVP/Gardiner and obviously hard to walk that stretch :D

a slow traffic day like today would be a good one to ride the shoulder...slowish.

I have no idea. I've more or less given up on it though at this poiint. I'll give the TPS property bureau a call tomorrow (if they're open) and see if they have anything that might be my keys.

Never give up. I lost a full set of keys one winter and had also given up. The cluster included both bank deposit box keys so a costly legal break-in required if the need arose.

I arrived at work several months later and saw them poking out of a snow bank.

I had a friend give me a bunch of the bluetooth GPS "TrackR" devices a month or three ago - he was a beta tester and long story short has quite a few of them.

They've been fairly solid for finding our keys through the house, garage, etc - my wife is famous for losing her keys at every turn.

I have not yet (and hopefully never will) had the need to test out the crowdsourced tracking features, but it is an option if you lose your keys in a public place.

Can we stick them on bikes therefore if they are stolen trigger God's Eye to find it?

Can we stick them on bikes therefore if they are stolen trigger God's Eye to find it?

My bikes are said equipped.

I have my doubts about the crowdsourcing capabilities however. In theory it's solid, but in reality (range limitations of Bluetooth mainly) it's unlikely to ever be of assistance for a motorcycle unless one of the thieves themselves happen to be running the TrackR app on their own phones. ;)

For something like a set of keys, well...better chance IMHO. In the OP's case he could have asked (for example) everyone to install the TrackR app on their smartphone, leave it running, and then drive the suspect area - if anyones phones pickup the TrackR fob it would ping him the location on his own phone hopefully aiding in finding the keys.

But anyways, I had some extras, so the bikes have some installed in the meantime.

I've seen the trackr app used with a bicycle but no proof it wasn't a set up

Yeah I've seen that video as well and questioned it too.

I contemplated taking one of the TrackR's and planting it hidden somewhere like a GO station and seeing how many real-world hits it gets on the crowdsourcing.

Back
Top Bottom