Stolen Motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Motorcycle

Brian_S

Site Supporter
My bike just got stolen ... it was taken away around 1pm in Bayview and Steeles area. I know that by now it could be anywhere but please let me know you come across this 2016 Yamaha FZ07 ... much appreciated!

Pictures of the bike

IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

For Fk sakes and the weather is just getting nice too...Sorry for the loss man. Hope you called the cops and insurance. It will take about 4-6 weeks for the claim to be processed.

For Fk sakes and the weather is just getting nice too...Sorry for the loss man. Hope you called the cops and insurance. It will take about 4-6 weeks for the claim to be processed.
Thanks man! It really suck b***s!!! Being on the market for a new bike in May or June also means a premium price for pretty much anything new or used out there ... ******

Ugh that sucks - I'll keep an eye out.

That freaking sucks

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

hoping the police are doing a stolen motorcycle "sting" this year

They aint doing chit. If your bike gets stolen its pretty much over. My buddy had his R6 stolen last week. He had a GPS tracker on it and it ended up in a junkyard. He called the cops and guess what they told him to do? Go there and get it yourself.

it's gone.
go get your insurance in order and place deposit for new bike...move on
You should get every penny you paid since that is a new bike...do not take less.
They pay for replacement value.
If they try to screw you over make a thread here BEFORE you sign or agree to anything.

Also, they pay for items on the bike e.g .any upgrades you did..helmet strapped to the bike...don't overlook those other items.

it's gone.
go get your insurance in order and place deposit for new bike...move on
You should get every penny you paid since that is a new bike...do not take less.
They pay for replacement value.
If they try to screw you over make a thread here BEFORE you sign or agree to anything.

Also, they pay for items on the bike e.g .any upgrades you did..helmet strapped to the bike...don't overlook those other items.

Thanks for the advise. Yeah I know, the bike is good as gone. I filed the claim with Personal Insurance and report was open with Toronto Police (33 division). We'll see how it goes ... I'm just hoping Personal won't screw me over with some d*** moves. I had Yoshi exhaust and few small upgrades on the bike ... I doubt they will be covering that?

They aint doing chit. If your bike gets stolen its pretty much over. My buddy had his R6 stolen last week. He had a GPS tracker on it and it ended up in a junkyard. He called the cops and guess what they told him to do? Go there and get it yourself.
Wtf, was it in one piece atleast or no?
My bike just got stolen ... it was taken away around 1pm in Bayview and Steeles area. I know that by now it could be anywhere but please let me know you come across this 2016 Yamaha FZ07 ... much appreciated!

Pictures of the bike

View attachment 38692
View attachment 38693

Christ, that ****ing blows. Where did you have it parked? Underground lot or something? Or was it out in the open? How long did you leave it alone for?

Thanks for the advise. Yeah I know, the bike is good as gone. I filed the claim with Personal Insurance and report was open with Toronto Police (33 division). We'll see how it goes ... I'm just hoping Personal won't screw me over with some d*** moves. I had Yoshi exhaust and few small upgrades on the bike ... I doubt they will be covering that?

they should

they should

It depends if you told them about the upgrades. It's a double edged sword, if you tell them the rate can go up or they can refuse to insure your modified bike, if you don't tell them, why would they pay for parts they didn't know existed?

That sucks Brian. It was a good looking bike. Hopefully insurance treats you well. It is pretty new, what are the chances you have depreciation free coverage?

Sorry for your loss - that was a nice ride.

I had to make a replacement value claim on my last bike a which had about $2k in undisclosed upgrades on the bike - they gave me the value of the upgrades too.
I guess it varies from place to place or maybe even the way the adjuster processes the claim?

I would agree that it makes sense to disclose upgrades to avoid any hassles.

Sorry for the loss man...so early in the season. Hopefully you're up and running when the prime season hits. This is exactly one the reasons why I'm keeping my 250 around as a commuter...

I end up all over the place and I just wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a nice bike right out in the open for these cock sucking sons of *****. I rode the 250 to NYC and while its still a good looking bike I left it on the street all the time with literally 0 ****s given...it was freedom. With the Ducati I'd end up in a paid lot and still not feel 100% safe.

Last edited:
It depends if you told them about the upgrades. It's a double edged sword, if you tell them the rate can go up or they can refuse to insure your modified bike, if you don't tell them, why would they pay for parts they didn't know existed?

That sucks Brian. It was a good looking bike. Hopefully insurance treats you well. It is pretty new, what are the chances you have depreciation free coverage?
I decided to at least claim that $800 Yoshimura full system I had on it ... I hope the claim appraisal person will be merciful. It f****** sucks because the bike had only 6k on odo, looked and ran as new.

Sorry for your loss - that was a nice ride.

I had to make a replacement value claim on my last bike a which had about $2k in undisclosed upgrades on the bike - they gave me the value of the upgrades too.
I guess it varies from place to place or maybe even the way the adjuster processes the claim?

I would agree that it makes sense to disclose upgrades to avoid any hassles.
Thanks man! Yeah, it makes sense to disclose upgrades even if they're installed more than half a year after the bike was purchased.

Back
Top Bottom