Ktm rc390 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ktm rc390

Anybody running a 180 on a KTM390 would be doing it with a custom wheel and swing arm set up. That right there indicates they know a lot more about about engineering than any old keyboarder. I would put my trust into actual results until proven otherwise.

I'm guessing that's why the engineers at KTM put a 150 tire on that RC390.

Moto3?
I bet 99% of people on this site have no idea what a Moto3 bike is or where it came from.

Here is another "truth" for yall
A one cylinder bike doesn't need a big rear tire like a 4 cylinder bike does. For the same reason a Ducati twin can run a narrower tire than any other bike of the same size/weight and horse power. Narrower tire, all things being equal, means higher straight line speed.

I'm guessing that's why the engineers at KTM put a 150 tire on that RC390.

You don't understand the roll of bean counters, obviously. Enthusiasts modify bikes after purchase. That's called voting with your wallet. You don't see 240 tires on 300's. Riders ride, engineers buckle under duress.

A 180 tire would slow a rc390 down.
You seem to operating under the assumption that you run the largest tire you can, where as the opposite is true. You want to run the SMALLEST tire you can get away with. Tires eat horse power, the bigger the tire the more power they eat.
He's just trolling. Never take him seriously unless he starts talking about Skiing & Audi

You guys got trolled!
7997cb290d287e753129241ba2e85b51.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Moto3?
I bet 99% of people on this site have no idea what a Moto3 bike is or where it came from.

Here is another "truth" for yall
A one cylinder bike doesn't need a big rear tire like a 4 cylinder bike does. For the same reason a Ducati twin can run a narrower tire than any other bike of the same size/weight and horse power. Narrower tire, all things being equal, means higher straight line speed.
Only squids care about straight line speed.

He's just trolling. Never take him seriously unless he starts talking about Skiing & Audi

And guns. Ban all of them.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Only squids care about straight line speed.

And guns. Ban all of them.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
I'd give you the addresses to ranges to take them. Alot of the guns are just lying there, just help yourself

Anyways.... a buddy of mine just picked up a zx6r and is selling his rc390. PM and I can forward you contact info if you're interested.

Cheers

Waiting to pickup the Duke 390 whenever it shows up. For what it's worth, the RC 390 is a decent enough bike but I think they might still be some issues with the fan and some other components breaking before their time. The single cylinder might also be something that you may not be used to. There were some issues with the RC's rear shock bleed under "racing" conditions or under heavy stress, might be something that you might want to check into if buying used. If this is your first bike and you're absolutely not in love with the KTM, then I'd say look for any of the fuel injected 300CC Japanese bikes. The Kawi is probably the best bang for the buck. Between parts and the ability to ride for two years and then resell for minimal loss should be very appealing. Of course if the heart wants what the heart wants, then fk it and Orange on.

Thank you all. After much research and insurance quotes a gsxs750 may be the best option for my needs

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom