Is my bike a bad choice for a track day. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is my bike a bad choice for a track day.

thanks I just seen suit prices all over the board i'm looking in the $200 and change range. i want to try a track day and if I get into it then I'll buy a better suit later on
I believe pro6 at calabogie will lend you all the gear if it's your first trackday, free of charge.

nope. Those are just pads. For track you want a real BP. ...and there are tons out there. Check local CL or Kijiji or forum
a10_back_m.jpg

Last edited:
Hard shell back protectors are significantly better. 1.) the hard plate spreads impact over a larger surface area preventing concentrated impact or object penetration and 2.) helps prevent the spine from arching backward too far through the locking nature of the plates.

doesn't most suits have the back protector built in

Bring it! get it ready for some tew-fiddy racing! There's a large group of us at Shannonville.

Take a track course (Racer5 / FAST), prep your bike (It's a little more involved safety wise than just a track day - lots to learn but everyone's very helpful), then come race! If you're just getting started now, aiming for Shannonville race round 3 in June or even #4/5 in September would be realistic.

Make sure the fenders don't fall off.

via Tapatalk

Thought that was a bit odd....then I saw: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?201048-So-my-fender-flew-off-my-bike-on-the-401

so what's a good price for a used suit is $100 a unrealistic figure.
Ilooked at alpinestars chart it looks like I'm a size 44 or 46

They have used ones at shannonville FAST school for $250-$300. Probably as inexpensive as you'll find. It'll easily last you a few years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom