2017 Observations while riding | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Observations while riding

Well, hopefully we don't hear about you in the Rider Down section of the website in the future due to inability to avoid soccer mom.
The only time I'd consider popping into neutral at a stop is as you mentioned - other traffic stopped behind you which will act as some form of barrier.

If I'm going to make the fall of shame list, it will be from stupidity to be sure. Maybe someone will learn from my example if the day ever occurs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday 24th. Let's play hooky today!

I've come to prefer the angle loading method - with the DR650 wedged at an angle and the tri-fold ramp underneath. Don't have to crank down on the straps as much.
325B647F-BF94-4F86-9BA2-03C961847404_zpsokjvggbj.jpg

Two minutes of our day out at Ganaraska. The battery on my Mobius camera only lasted 2 hours today, so missed the awesome single track we did later on in the day.
[video=youtube_share;TzsxrlC5UO8]http://youtu.be/TzsxrlC5UO8[/video]

They teach the dance at the school, as the guy in the video is doing it. Long line of traffic stopped behind so neutral ok in this case.

I'm too old for that ****

...funny on my course they specifically taught NOT to put the bike into neutral at lights for the above reasons others spoke about. Left foot down, and right covering the back brake. or both down and both hands on the clutch/front brake. No dance was taught...

"Can you answer me this...Who makes the decision at the top as to what is taught in school?
Is it the Federal Minister of Education? Where or how do they decide what is implemented?

I am asking a serious question because it shows a path to how and where some of this stuff comes from."

OK, back to business here.

Met up with Road King Lady again this morning. Shared the trip down the Don Mills Expressway and back onto the DVP... I think she's trying to tell me here that the BMW driver is an a**h*** for driving in the diamond lane by himself.

Road%20King%20Lady_zpsuruyhihq.png

I had to look twice - with the back-pack center strap, it looks like this guy is wearing lederhosen. With a fully-loaded pocket protector and a comb-over hairdo, I think he must be the last COBOL programmer standing...

lederhosen_zpsbdytweqp.png

Richmond Hill Mercedes driver. Nothing special. Too bad they didn't get t-boned.
[video=youtube_share;i77xx4o7ILs]http://youtu.be/i77xx4o7ILs[/video]

Geez, had to do a double take when I saw the red bike images fly by. I spent a good part of last Friday crisscrossing downtown Toronto on my scoot (long story) & I thought maybe I had been spotted. ;)

OK, back to business here.

Met up with Road King Lady again this morning. Shared the trip down the Don Mills Expressway and back onto the DVP... I think she's trying to tell me here that the BMW driver is an a**h*** for driving in the diamond lane by himself.

Commonly taking Don Mills from Finch to DVP during rush hour, I would probably spot MAYBE 1 or 2 vehicles a week abiding by the HOV lane rules there.

Mostly single drivers, some doubles, rarely 3 people.
Honestly, I'd rather have that than those idiots that use it as a passing lane while aggressively cutting in and out doing close to 100km/h.

Don Mills / York Mills - I stopped very close to the line and into the crosswalk to let the cars behind turn right. The Corolla was hesitant, but I waved them through. six cars turned right while I was waiting for the red. I figure that's six drivers that may be more tolerant when we squeeze through somewhere.

right%20turn_zpsuerdjkhd.png

Mangia le mele:

big%20scooter_zpslk8iz5dr.png

This puddle was deeper than I thought:

puddle_zpsd9kku4mf.gif

robmack sighting:

k75_zpsgbowaafo.png

For today's fashion file: Is that a Tiara or some sort of headband with medallions... Platform heels as well. Flower-child look?

tiara_zpsffqzeool.png

Ramp to DVP at the bottom of Don Mills. There was a crew here replacing that traffic-island sign just two weeks ago!
traffic%20island%20sign_zpstu3gbwqr.png

Skinny guy on a Fatboy:
Fatboy_zps8neqg9ev.png

Met up with DR650 ADV guy again
DR650-ADV-2_zpsydmvnldf.png

CBR500 rider sharing the stop-n-go
CBR500_zpsdgta5hvp.png

The scooter lady with the vibrant hair color is doing a wide-turn around the car she was following. Looking behind but I think the real threat is the beige corolla.
scooter%20lady_zps243rppzo.png

A GS rider with ***-less leather chaps! What is the world coming to?
gs-chaps_zpsylzsytrs.png

Nice, uh, purse?
metric-cruiser_zps0n777v3q.png

2-up on a KLR.
2-up-KLR_zpsdzmxlhvj.png

Spandex alert!
spandex_zpsyyzwh5ca.png

Victory cruiser
victory_zpsscpdpo0f.png

TO bicyclists...
[video=youtube_share;DSyisA-ieHE]http://youtu.be/DSyisA-ieHE[/video]

Ramp to DVP at the bottom of Don Mills. There was a crew here replacing that traffic-island sign just two weeks ago!
traffic%20island%20sign_zpstu3gbwqr.png

Skinny guy on a Fatboy:
Fatboy_zps8neqg9ev.png

Met up with DR650 ADV guy again
DR650-ADV-2_zpsydmvnldf.png

CBR500 rider sharing the stop-n-go
CBR500_zpsdgta5hvp.png
Hello
I ride on dvp as well what time do you ride there

Thanks
Sam

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Monday 5th

Hi-vis Heritage Softail rider:
hi-vis-heritage_zps3gqxerpj.png

A dress with lots of ventilation:
dress_zpscok03i73.png

Well-dressed FJR rider (KLIM jacket & pants):
fjr-klim_zpsmrz5z3yl.png

Some guys like tires that stick out past the fender but you can see the mud thrown forward of the rear... Probably rocks and other **** with those tires, LoL.
fenders_zps77v5mdjm.png

Hmmm - standing in the middle of a busy downtown street checking your email... Idiot!

mobile_zpsf4tgjjgu.png

The young lad was entranced by my bike, for a short while anyways...

entranced2_zpsli0ij7x5.png
[/URL]

Said Hi to a fellow Don Mills cruiser.
yamaha%20cruiser_zps1fzjzrrb.png

Oh lordy, lots of bikes on the road today -

First a nice nod from a lady on a CBR250 -
cbr250-lady_zpsj3wattdi.png

Then I caught up with Jayv -
jayv_zpsruvg5ptc.png

We passed a guy on a CBR300 -
cbr300_zpsz9bzcpmr.png

And then passed the couple on his & her CBR500Fs -
his-her-cbr500_zps1gerk20x.png

Jeggings & boots. I'm loving it!
jeans-leggings_zpssw3pqcqn.png

Monday 5th

Some guys like tires that stick out past the fender but you can see the mud thrown forward of the rear... Probably rocks and other **** with those tires, LoL.
fenders_zps77v5mdjm.png

What's the rules where with tires that stick out? Are you technically supposed to have the fender come out to where the tires come out to?

I note that you seem to have a radar for women either riding or walking. While your testosterone may be in check, your eyes may be deceiving you, especially when it comes to helmeted ladies. These days a mere incorrect angle or shadow may hide the face of a Bruce Jenner and you see a Caitlin Jenner. That is a slim chance of perhaps 0.01%, but I caution you, we are living in dangerous times! :)

Back
Top Bottom