2017 Observations while riding | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Observations while riding

I'm not sure how to top the wave from Toronto Spiderman... While you're waiting for the next big thing, here are some photos of the bikes I passed on my way home yesterday -

A Maxim 400?
queen%20st%20yamaha_zps3dmi3xbv.png

Super Duke ?
superduke_zpsj4rjxfk1.png

A Ninja on the DVP
dvp%20ninja_zpsz4ptappp.png

A Monster on the 404
404%20monster_zpsk55i5txf.png

A Concours 1400 on Hwy 7
concours%201400_zpsta7eyr5e.png

Mon 15th

Lot of bikes on the road today.

Duke 390 Eastbound Hwy 7
duke%20390_zpsmcysqblm.png

ZX600 Southbound 404. Matching jacket.
kawasaki%20zx600_zpslpmfarpi.png

Hi-vis Yamaha v-star on DVP south.
yamaha%20v-star_zps8yodnq4z.png

Summer is here!
summer_zpsb0bxixrl.png

Suzuki M90 northbound DVP
suzuki%20m90_zpsvkh3burz.png

Wed 17th

HA
HA_zps8hbo827o.png

Not HA (but most people probably think he is HA)
sportster%20apes_zps6hl6ynpq.png

Competition for the Zero?
ebike_zpstsylrsl7.png

Nod
sv650%20nod_zpsrd4rhxct.png

And now for today’s fashion flle:

Pink dress
pink%20dress_zpskesdune5.png

Red dress
red%20dress_zpsgb06cmdy.png

Grey dress
grey%20dress_zpsqhjwiqnr.png

Black dress

black%20dress_zps74i68ew3.png

Started the day with a nice smile from a lady on a Road King
road%20king_zpstbw1c4y1.png

61 min from Bayview to 401 is a new high score for this sign.
new%20record_zpsk7suifya.png

I was tempted to roll the shoulder to the Don Mills exit but luckily kept in my lane
hidden_zpshh4dqxdt.png

Happy Long Weekend Friday ********!

WFH today, but I saved a photo from yesterday -

Riverdale girl
cleavage_zpskjrbjid3.png

Tuesday 23rd

Looks like the Silverado driver has blue balls. Hmmmm - maybe he didn't think that one through...
blue%20balls_zpsagd5aghd.png

They're welding up the new bridge that will join the Eaton Centre and The Bay. Hopefully it's supposed to be crooked like that, and this is not the same company that installed the Pickering GO pedestrian bridge.
new%20bridge_zpssoc2rq7s.png

Nice to see another lady rider. This time it's a lady riding a Fat Boy.
lady%20riding%20a%20fat%20boy_zpswelkmgxq.png

Don't mean to pick on this guy - but do you guys all do this dance? Or just newbies? Me, I put my right foot down and leave my left on the footboard, shifting into neutral and later back into first without 'dancing'.
[video=youtube_share;Y-Y8BGRDHkg]http://youtu.be/Y-Y8BGRDHkg[/video]

Don't mean to pick on this guy - but do you guys all do this dance? Or just newbies? Me, I put my right foot down and leave my left on the footboard, shifting into neutral and later back into first without 'dancing'.

hihihi.. that's not me, but I do that all the time when I am in N. However, I am always in 1st.

I tried to put my right down like you, but not really comfortable ...so I guess I am newbies :)

Come to think of it...I do. Only once though. Left down when braking. Swap to left up and right down until I go and then right up. Unless for some reason I'm in neutral and I'm holding the bike from rolling with the rear brake.

Tuesday 23rd

Why on earth would you ever shift into neutral at a stop?!?
You're effectively removing a potentially life saving "get out of Dodge" action.

It's saved me from being rear ended twice so far - once would likely have ended with an extended stay in the hospital or even my demise. Soccer mom not paying attention - sees me stopped at a light last second, slams on the brakes and turned the wheel a bit. The minivan skidded to a stop on a slight angle, with the rear wheels past where my front wheel was about 1.5 seconds earlier. Luckily I am always checking my mirrors when I am at a stop and no other stopped vehicle behind me. Luckily, I saw her coming without slowing...

If I had been in neutral, I wouldn't have been able to make a hasty exit around the corner of the intersection I was at (I was originally going straight through when the light turned green).

And, time to pick on you a little ;-)
Your technique of putting right foot down and left on the footboard it totally backwards. Should be right foot on the rear brake, left foot on the ground. Leaves the brake light on don't ya know. :eek:
I'm guessing that since you're shifting to neutral, you're not applying the front brake either (again, no brake light). So, anyone not paying attention has even less chance to figure out that you're stationary and not moving..

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd

You're supposed to put your left foot down and cover the rear brake with your right. As mentioned, stopping in neutral on the regular is not the best idea.

Meh! As long as traffic is stopped behind me and the wait to go is a while, I snick into neutral and have both feet planted. This man can't dance.

I also wear a half helmet and tee shirt on hot days and other things I shouldn't do.

It's one of those things. Do as I say, not as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Meh! As long as traffic is stopped behind me and the wait to go is a while, I snick into neutral and have both feet planted. This man can't dance.

I also wear a half helmet and tee shirt on hot days and other things I shouldn't do.

It's one of this things. Do as I say, not as I do.

Well, hopefully we don't hear about you in the Rider Down section of the website in the future due to inability to avoid soccer mom.
The only time I'd consider popping into neutral at a stop is as you mentioned - other traffic stopped behind you which will act as some form of barrier.

They teach the dance at the school, as the guy in the video is doing it. Long line of traffic stopped behind so neutral ok in this case.

I'm too old for that ****

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom