2017 Observations while riding | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Observations while riding

[video=youtube_share;DUT5rEU6pqM]http://youtu.be/DUT5rEU6pqM[/video]
I see what you did there.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Monday 19th.

This young lady has a big tablet stuck to the windshield. It looked like text, not a movie like I've seen elsewhere. Maybe facebook or twitter? She's got 200yds in front, but coming up to the top rear-ender section of this highway where traffic stops suddenly. Maybe I should've stayed behind to capture what happens?

dash-tablet1_zpsty5sov7y.png

dash-tablet2_zpscxmww3rq.png

Duckwalk. If you've never been to Motosocial, PD13, Daytona, Sturgis - that's what they're all about.

duckwalk-on-queen_zpshwqpdqzm.gif

Today's fashion file: sandals to show off your pedicure -

sandals1_zpsn1gix2kf.png

sandals2_zpswpcc9zxn.png

sandals3_zpsvymel8gr.png

Monday 19th.

This young lady has a big tablet stuck to the windshield. It looked like text, not a movie like I've seen elsewhere. Maybe facebook or twitter? She's got 200yds in front, but coming up to the top rear-ender section of this highway where traffic stops suddenly. Maybe I should've stayed behind to capture what happens?

dash-tablet1_zpsty5sov7y.png

wow.. I guess I haven't commuted on the 400 series in a while, but wow.. unbelievable.. (almost, FFS this is the GTA after all)

The Harley is up in the air today. Taking the wheels down to Flying Squirrel for new rubbers.

I got 15,800km out of the rear and 37,100km on the front. Going to stick with the Dunlop D402s, although Glen was trying to sell me on the American Elites.

5C80737B-C865-4B48-8BB4-0993A7F81396_zpsw2k6e2fd.jpg

FED7A6A6-83A3-4C96-B3CE-7BC9EC377D35_zpsxitatdwo.jpg

Witnessed this yesterday, the make up application during the commute.

[video=youtube_share;dVSZo5J8rwY]https://youtu.be/dVSZo5J8rwY[/video]

BTW, all of your photobucket photos are bugging out - says you need to upgrade or something.

I recently bought 3rd party sprockets for my DR650 and today, a new brake rotor for the Harley.

interesting how the sprockets advertise 'Quality Japanese Steel' while actually being made in Thailand.

Meanwhile the Harley rotors are actually Made in Japan, but this is noted in the 'fine print'.

Ur1LJMv.jpg

XVEpDPd.jpg

Last edited:
Still could be Japanese steel shipped to Thailand for manufacture. Just like Harleys are made in the USA....or is that assembled from parts made elsewhere?

Wednesday 24th. Let's play hooky today!

I've come to prefer the angle loading method - with the DR650 wedged at an angle and the tri-fold ramp underneath. Don't have to crank down on the straps as much.
325B647F-BF94-4F86-9BA2-03C961847404_zpsokjvggbj.jpg

Two minutes of our day out at Ganaraska. The battery on my Mobius camera only lasted 2 hours today, so missed the awesome single track we did later on in the day.
[video=youtube_share;TzsxrlC5UO8]http://youtu.be/TzsxrlC5UO8[/video]

When you guys were parked taking turns at this hill did a blue YZ450F (lime helmet) and a girl on a black/red ATV go by? That was us going by.

Witnessed this yesterday, the make up application during the commute. [video=youtube_share;dVSZo5J8rwY]https://youtu.be/dVSZo5J8rwY[/video]
The part that freaked me out there, was how close you cut out on her tail with a bus in the other lane knowing that.

At one point around 1 second in you seemed to be within a metre of being between the two vehicles.

If either of them hit the brakes hard, you were in trouble.

The part that freaked me out there, was how close you cut out on her tail with a bus in the other lane knowing that.

At one point around 1 second in you seemed to be within a metre of being between the two vehicles.

If either of them hit the brakes hard, you were in trouble.

More than enough room to split them both.

Don't worry i'm not freaked out. :p

Worst fear on a bike.... (Screenshot off GoPro)

*Squish*

u7C2Nis.jpg

When you guys were parked taking turns at this hill did a blue YZ450F (lime helmet) and a girl on a black/red ATV go by? That was us going by.

I went through my video and no - didn't see you right at that moment. My battery died right after this hill - might have passed you later on but can't remember.

At the time, I was too busy lifting my DR650 up and backing down the hill... Good workout

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom