Sena SMH-20 lookalike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sena SMH-20 lookalike

moarmoto

I've been using Dynamic Innovation Evolution V1 communicator between myself and my wife, which serves its purpose.

But my brother just got a bike and in my search for a system set-up which allows conference call type ability.
Some brands like UCLEAR, SENA, CARDO have units that allow that but I think are too overpriced so I'm looking for a more budget friendly option.
Upon my searech, I came across a model called "Freedconn T-Rex", which look a lot similar to Sena SMH20.
Just google it and you'll see.

Some of other Chinese units (Buyee, etc.) do offer 3-rider pairing set-up, but only 2 rider full duplex (eg. A-B-C paired, but only A-B, or A-C, or B-C can talk/speak at the same time). It's not ideal but conferencing capability would be nice.

Looks like they go for around $150 CDN each on eBay. Not a lot of reviews online though.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of them

I've been using Dynamic Innovation Evolution V1 communicator between myself and my wife, which serves its purpose.

But my brother just got a bike and in my search for a system set-up which allows conference call type ability.
Some brands like UCLEAR, SENA, CARDO have units that allow that but I think are too overpriced so I'm looking for a more budget friendly option.
Upon my searech, I came across a model called "Freedconn T-Rex", which look a lot similar to Sena SMH20.
Just google it and you'll see.

Some of other Chinese units (Buyee, etc.) do offer 3-rider pairing set-up, but only 2 rider full duplex (eg. A-B-C paired, but only A-B, or A-C, or B-C can talk/speak at the same time). It's not ideal but conferencing capability would be nice.

Looks like they go for around $150 CDN each on eBay. Not a lot of reviews online though.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of them

check the general section here for a thread I made about cheap helmet units.

I've read your post about the bt-s1 units.
They have bt-s2 now which looks like newer model (has orange buttons and black housing)

But these ones don't have conference call type capability.

I might just have to give up on that feature unless willing to spend like $600 and up for 3 units

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Whoa, that does look like the Sena. Most likely a knock off product, at least the shell.

If it's within the budget I highly recommend going Sena though. They build a quality product and they really seem to know what they're doing electronically. I have the SMH-5 and waiting for the 10C Evo to be released as my upgrade.

I've read your post about the bt-s1 units.
They have bt-s2 now which looks like newer model (has orange buttons and black housing)

But these ones don't have conference call type capability.

I might just have to give up on that feature unless willing to spend like $600 and up for 3 units

How many ppl do you think you are talking to all the time?
I sure would not want to be in on a conference system to hear all that chatter.
I rather hear music or my engine.

The ride leader and trailer can provide any important info such as change of direction or caution up ahead.

COPS!!!............................................................................................................................pull over everyone.

Well, it's personal preference.

Me and the wife usually keep the channel open and chat a lot and I'm used to that I guess.

Only time I close the comm channel is when trying to conserve battery or I intentionally want quiet.

As for providing info, it comes down to just saying it vs left hand up to press a button, open comm chennel and speaking.

Also with my brother being somewhat new rider, I can provide some feedback to him and my wife at the same time.

eg. I'm riding as trailer, my brother I'm the middle and my wife as leader:
I instruct her to show examples of turning with bad body position vs good one and provide info to my brother.

Like I said, it'd be a nice to have feature. And I think I may have found a cheaper alternative

Back
Top Bottom