Ganaraska Forest open early | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska Forest open early

Plus no loud pipes. The #1 reason riding areas get closed. People don't complain when they don't hear you out there.

And spark arrestors are mandatory in the ganny now.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

gotcha

Never heard of a spark arrestor, will google now

Looking forward to this. Will take advantage of the weather tomorrow since Sunday looks like it'll be pretty rainy.

As an aside, does anyone know if the Ganaraska Forest Centre has lockers? I don't recall seeing them, and it'd be nice to stow my luggage roll in a locker rather than having it strapped to the rear rack of my KLX. (Unfortunately I do need the luggage roll since I ride up the DVP and 401 to get up there and that requires my heavy KLIM jacket which sucks for low speed single track.)

went there today for an 830am start
on the trail just before 9am and back at the truck around noon
it was great except for the big trees lying across or hanging above the trail, moved what I could and left the big stuff for the chainsaws
tired and happy
wilcox rd parking lot is still closed, park off of boundary rd

went there today for an 830am start
on the trail just before 9am and back at the truck around noon
it was great except for the big trees lying across or hanging above the trail, moved what I could and left the big stuff for the chainsaws
tired and happy
wilcox rd parking lot is still closed, park off of boundary rd
There were more trees down than I've ever seen before! A few of the singletracks we did were pretty much stop and go clearing and bush whacking. We parked at P6 off Porter Road. It was surprisingly not too full. We were there from 9:30-4:30. Great day! My new YZ250X is awesome in the bush. Love it!

There were more trees down than I've ever seen before! A few of the singletracks we did were pretty much stop and go clearing and bush whacking. We parked at P6 off Porter Road. It was surprisingly not too full. We were there from 9:30-4:30. Great day! My new YZ250X is awesome in the bush. Love it!
I need new goggles after today's ride for sure, pretty scratched up.

Yeah, I think I spent an hour or more clearing downed trees. There is also quite a large area being logged and the single track there is impassible. Not sure if they'll clean that up before they leave.

I need new goggles after today's ride for sure, pretty scratched up.

No kidding. My bike has lots of decorative scratches now too :p

Yeah, I think I spent an hour or more clearing downed trees. There is also quite a large area being logged and the single track there is impassible. Not sure if they'll clean that up before they leave.

It looks like much of the south side trails were closed today. Hopefully it's not destroyed...

Well I did warn there were many trees down....

Sounds like everyone there was an amateur lumberjack yesterday. My favourite loop (Just north of Mercer Road) was closed off due to logging as doozerdave mentioned.

Also answered my own question (in case anyone else was curious): no, they don't have any lockers at the Forest Centre.

was out for half the day yesterday, had a blast! will be back

And we did a bunch of cleaning and pushing trees out of the way when we were there a week ago on the trikes, but we didn't do any tight single Track

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

And we did a bunch of cleaning and pushing trees out of the way when we were there a week ago on the trikes, but we didn't do any tight single Track

The main roads and doubletrack were pretty clear with a few exceptions. Thanks a lot for the help clearing the forest.

Was there today. If anyone is worried about all the rain the trails are in fantastic conditions.
93f0cefd8d027c902ff58152ca10fddb.jpg
a3817460ce135eb6c8e960b0411c4687.jpg

Was there today. If anyone is worried about all the rain the trails are in fantastic conditions.
93f0cefd8d027c902ff58152ca10fddb.jpg
a3817460ce135eb6c8e960b0411c4687.jpg

Same here. Was there all day and just got home. Where did you park? Trails were mostly fine some big puddles that were best avoided. Single track was okay with exception of some slippery fallen trees made it very difficult to hop over. Oh and the trees they were everywhere. Some really dangerous low hanging ones too. I dealt with about 7 or 8 things that could of hurt someone bad.

Also your bike looks way to clean in that pic.

Kinda surprising they haven't been clearing downed trees. I'll head there for a day or two near the end of this week.

Kinda surprising they haven't been clearing downed trees. I'll head there for a day or two near the end of this week.

There is no "they" for clearing trees on the trails (that's part of being trails), only the access roads. Bring a folding saw and expect downed trees and low hanging branches. In effect, 'we" are the "they" you're referring to.

Same here. Was there all day and just got home. Where did you park? Trails were mostly fine some big puddles that were best avoided. Single track was okay with exception of some slippery fallen trees made it very difficult to hop over. Oh and the trees they were everywhere. Some really dangerous low hanging ones too. I dealt with about 7 or 8 things that could of hurt someone bad.

Also your bike looks way to clean in that pic.
I have no clue where I parked lol. I know how to get there but not how to explain it :). One of the entrances just west of Kendal.

I was alone so I didn't take any single Track trails too far, just in and out, main reason is because I don't know them and didn't want to get lost alone. Did the main trails mostly and went up to the look up. Saw a guy in a husky, 2 girls on a side by side and a dude on a Honda 450 4 stroke dressed in yellow, that was it. Saw a pick up parked and some trailers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom