Ganaraska Forest open early | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska Forest open early

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I will be there for sure trying my new toy

Yep, 3rd year in a row for opening day, as long as the weather is good.
Let me know details and I'll join

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I'm tired of riding MX every weekend. ��

We need some trails open.(for my safety and sanity)

Hmm... The last time we rode Ganny together... What happened? Can you remember?

Last edited:
Hmm... The last time we rode Ganny together... What happened? Can you remember?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yes, I took a 3 minute nap and you guys disturbed my sleep and it threw me out of whack. I didn't know what was going on. ?

The great thing about Ganny is we'll always have stories to tell, only 1 season so far and so many exciting/entertaining things have happed there already.

Are you getting your small bike in time for this?
Not rushing anything yet. I'm off winter layoff and working so much right now that I've barely got time for the versys already. Still looking for the wife's new bike (again) and keeping my eye out for what I want as well.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

heading up this saturday 29th
leave burlington by 630am and arrive by 800-830am
see you all there
I will be on my WR250x on dirt wheels

Do you absolutely NEED a trail pass and insurance to ride ganny?

Legally, yes. There are occasionally forest rangers checking for Ganny passes and more frequently OPP checking for plates and insurance.

If anyone is heading out on opening day, bring a small folding saw with you. It's good to clear some of the fallen branches early in the season before too many riders tear up the trails trying to get around little stuff that could be easily cleaned up. If the weather is decent you may see me out too.

Do you absolutely NEED a trail pass and insurance to ride ganny?

Yes you do.

A few years ago you could go to the forest and never see a another user, but now it's pretty busy and I've seen plenty of patrols.

Aside from the good chance you'll get caught, there's also the aspect that in order to continue motorized use in the forest "we" need to be the ones obeying the rules to the letter. The fewer people we piss-off the fewer negative viewpoints we'll have to overcome.

Yes you do.

A few years ago you could go to the forest and never see a another user, but now it's pretty busy and I've seen plenty of patrols.

Aside from the good chance you'll get caught, there's also the aspect that in order to continue motorized use in the forest "we" need to be the ones obeying the rules to the letter. The fewer people we piss-off the fewer negative viewpoints we'll have to overcome.
This!

Plus no loud pipes. The #1 reason riding areas get closed. People don't complain when they don't hear you out there.

And spark arrestors are mandatory in the ganny now.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Lots of trees down both on main trails and single track. They're otherwise completely dry and in great shape. So I've heard......as they're not open yet.

On a completely unrelated note my 4T is going to be a bit of a learning curve after only being on 2T as it flame-out pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom