Seller drives bike to mechanic? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seller drives bike to mechanic?

Jakester

I plan on purchasing a bike and plan to have it looked over by a mechanic. I realize that you should ask the seller to not start the bike prior to arrival to see how it starts, however, would this be the same for if the seller brought it to a mechanic? Would the tech know if it starts well, even if the engine is warm?

Thank you.

ummm...you go to the seller and start it cold and then the seller takes it to your mechanic to check out.

If the mechanic is any good, they should be too busy to look at it the second it shows up this time of year, so it'd be cold started by them anyway ;)

I think a seller would only bring it to a mech if you were serious - its their time to go to the mech for you. IE you leave a deposit

That being said, they might have their own mech too, who they insist on bringing it to - just ensure you read up on the rep of that place as well. (might be a shady mech)

Also, the mech isn't exactly going to write you a report, so unless you're onsite with them, it's kind of useless.

I never did it with a bike, but I did with a car twice. I asked the seller to take it in for a safety and I paid for it pass or fail. I would think most sellers would be fine with that because if it passes and you don't buy it, they can sell it safetied. And if it fails they can tell the next buyer what it needs to pass if you don't buy it. I think it's a win/win for the seller.

Back
Top Bottom