New Bike Day | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Bike Day

Skyway6

Decided to sell the NC750X and get a 2017 Yamaha FZ-07

Do not pick it up until Saturday but dealer sent me a picture of my new bike :)

ZP5miPm.jpg

heh. yes still in the crate. love NBD

Congrats great choice. I got mine last September. I would of waiting for the 2017 if I knew it was going to have ABS.

Nothing quite like new bike / car / gun day.
It's just like Christmas.

Wayyyy better than xmas. That damn day you gotta buy for others too!

Happy NBD

thanks all. will take more pix on NBD. It was a hard decision on the NC but in the end for the riding i do the FZ is about perfect.
been looking the last few weeks and last Saturday i pulled trigger. I was going to get the red one but the blue one looked nice too.
But i stayed with the original and got the red one. The fact that it has ABS also was a big factor. Probably would have got the FZ last
year if it had ABS.

The most fun i had on bikes were like the CBR250 and CBR500. Just so much more fun riding a light flickable bike. The NC was over 500lb.
The NC just did not give the rush that i know the FZ will.

I test rode the NC a while back & I keep bouncing that thing off the rev limiter. That thing redlines at 7k. Not fun at all

Made in Japan?! Beats China I guess but com mon.

I test rode the NC a while back & I keep bouncing that thing off the rev limiter. That thing redlines at 7k. Not fun at all

Do you have ham hocks for hands? Need a little sensitivity training do you?

Congrats on your purchase ... I've been riding fz07 for more than a year, the bike is a lot of fun.

congrats Skyway6...funny...you and I spoke last fall about the NC when I was looking to get a new bike myself...I too ended up with the FZ07 in red...hope to get out for a rip with you one day...be safe! :D

yes. redline was kind of annoying but the DCT made it a bit more tolerable. still kind of boring and tractor-like.

got a text message from dealer today. Bike is out of crate / assembled and ready to go for Saturday. Glad i went with the red colour.

DFTTFva.jpg

xHqOFFu.jpg

Congrats on your purchase ... I've been riding fz07 for more than a year, the bike is a lot of fun.

Nice! These FZ-07's are in high demand. And for good reason.

So got to dealer right when they opened (0900). My bike was inside waiting for me. Of course the weather said it would be sunny (was raining). Friday they said it would rain and it was sunny.
Great job being wrong all the time and still get paid.

Love the bike. Reminds me of my old 250 (in weight) but with tons more power. All the youtube i saw showed the bike being so easy to wheelie. I did not find that at all. For the record i am glad as
i do not want to wheelie. Took a bit to get used to the clutch. Not that i forgot but this bike it grabs right at the end (clutch lever almost all the way out). I did order a Puig sport screen. But found it
to be not too bad without (surprisingly) Did not take it on the hwy yet tho. Just some faster roads (80kph) around University of BC (UBC) Got her up to about 105 and wind was nothing.
Also surprising that at that speed i still did not need ear plugs. It was much quieter than the NC at that speed.

some pix. first, bike waiting for me on dealer showroom floor.
aVKJyzIl.jpg

next is, ready to hit road. My old NC750X behind me.
zpHBeaE.jpg

last is a shot at UBC - the sun trying to appear. spotty rain(drizzle) in some areas.
IgRNHP6l.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom