Need help!! 21 years old, M2 license, want to get Yamaha r6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help!! 21 years old, M2 license, want to get Yamaha r6

derrickG

im 21 years old, i got my M2 license last year, and been riding a r3 for a year with insurance. and i can't get any insurance for the r6,
tried td, rbc, state farm, dalton timmis, and the best one i got right now is td, 1600/month, that's too expensive for me,
im losing hope now, don't know if there's any chance out there or should i just forget about it

Good luck. I'm 35 and having a hard time with insurance on a 600. My recommendation is to get something more practical for the street. If you really want to sport ride pick up something cheap on the used market and track it.

im 21 years old, i got my M2 license last year, and been riding a r3 for a year with insurance. and i can't get any insurance for the r6,
tried td, rbc, state farm, dalton timmis, and the best one i got right now is td, 1600/month, that's too expensive for me,
im losing hope now, don't know if there's any chance out there or should i just forget about it

10 years from now, you might be able to get the r6 insured at a reasonable rate, for your sake i hope you still have the R3 and havent bought the r6.

I'm 34. Been riding for 10 years. No claims in my Insurance companies eyes.

They rated my VFR800 at $1700+/year. Good luck with the R6.

Stay on the smaller bikes for now till you gain more experience.

You will not find a reasonable quote for that bike, for your age and exp.
You can either,
1) keep riding smaller sport bikes
2) buy something bigger that is not a SS
3) suck it up and pay outrageous premiums if you want an r6 that bad

TD said $2400 for a 92 F2. 29, 10+ years licensed clean record. **** this, im getting a miata.

TD said $2400 for a 92 F2. 29, 10+ years licensed clean record. **** this, im getting a miata.

You could probably launch that F2 in 2nd gear and still beat Miata to 100 km/h :D

I'm over 40 now and just sold an R3 for a CBR600RR.. Was paying $500 ..now paying $1700 (like slowbird) I'm having a crap load of fun right now no doubt about it :D.. but that R3 was a phenomenal little bike. I'd be pretty damn happy if I were in your shoes at that age.

Any company you can find that wants less than 5 grand. Good luck, they really smacked the ss hard this year.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

This is why its best to wait till full M and 30+ before looking at SS

$1,600 year and you are still complaining?? You are not going to get anything cheaper dude, I call B.S. on your quote. That's what they wanted for me for an R6 couple years ago, and I'm over 35 and have the M since 2007.

$1,600 year and you are still complaining?? You are not going to get anything cheaper dude, I call B.S. on your quote. That's what they wanted for me for an R6 couple years ago, and I'm over 35 and have the M since 2007.

I think he's saying 1600/per month. But I think this post if fake too.

I think he's saying 1600/per month. But I think this post if fake too.

Ohhh my bad, hahahaha $1600/month? What are these insurance companies smoking? No wonder they said in the radio that 45% of all supersport riders out there are riding without insurance in Ontario. I hope you are not saying that my post is fake because I was quoted $1,600/year for a supersport. I got quoted that amount and I still think its too high, a guy who is younger than me with less years on his M licence was quoted $1,300 for his R6. The difference is that he lives in Kitchner while I live in Toronto. If I lived in Innisfil for example my quote would be $1,200/year for an R6.

I have a 2014 bmw s1000 I'm 30 and I pay 1200 annually. So it's 100 a month full coverage and 500 deductible.

My insurance is still in ottawa. The rates in toronto are soo agregious it should be illegal to charge that much.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Does your father have an M licence? You can get an R6 insured under his name and you ride it.

Does your father have an M licence? You can get an R6 insured under his name and you ride it.

Sure, until they find out and cancel the policy. That's always helpful to have on your record.

And hey, if you ever get in a wreck and you actually need that insurance, they are totally within their rights to refuse any claims since the policy was materially misrepresented.

So yeah, bad advice there.

Back
Top Bottom