Need help!! 21 years old, M2 license, want to get Yamaha r6 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help!! 21 years old, M2 license, want to get Yamaha r6

I just got insurance back with Allstate. $1200 /yr. Funny thing is they signed me up for a month last fall and then cancelled on me because it was sport bike and they wanted additional insurance products from me. Apparently the rule has changed since then and they signed me back up.

Aviva gave me a $1500 quote as well, despite having a car accident in 2014 and despite having been denied previously. I went through a broker by the name of Denise at https://www.thinkinsure.ca. Give her a try.

Sure, until they find out and cancel the policy. That's always helpful to have on your record.

And hey, if you ever get in a wreck and you actually need that insurance, they are totally within their rights to refuse any claims since the policy was materially misrepresented.

So yeah, bad advice there.
When I was 18+ I was a 100% secondary driver on the bike that was under my dad's name. That's what I had set up with the state farm agent.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

When I was 18+ I was a 100% secondary driver on the bike that was under my dad's name. That's what I had set up with the state farm agent.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Being listed as a secondary is different than just insuring it under someone elses name (at a drastically cheaper rate because they're older/more experienced/whatever) and then actually being the sole operator, as was directly suggested.

Insurance companies are wise to that trick now anyways. If he wants to be listed as secondary, he won't escape much of the cost in the end anyways as the insurance co will rate it accordingly. If he lives at the same address as his dad, he'll have no choice but to do this anyways unless he specifically signs a rider excluding him on the policy.

In the end, if you actually needed the insurance, it will end badly.

$1,600 year and you are still complaining?? You are not going to get anything cheaper dude, I call B.S. on your quote. That's what they wanted for me for an R6 couple years ago, and I'm over 35 and have the M since 2007.

1600 a month lol not year

Edit: should have read further before posting lol sorry

Back
Top Bottom