2010 zx6r dying when revving in first gear! help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 zx6r dying when revving in first gear! help!

s1000rrr

Posting this for a friend.

My friend has a 2010 zx6r and is having some problems. he winterized it properly but he took it out recently and noticed that when he Revvs in first gear with the clutch pulled in, the bike shuts off. the bike revvs fine in neutral but sounds like it's almost dead when it idles. once rolling tho, there is no problem with the clutch. anyone know what is causing this problem?

Posting this for a friend.

My friend has a 2010 zx6r and is having some problems. he winterized it properly but he took it out recently and noticed that when he Revvs in first gear with the clutch pulled in, the bike shuts off. the bike revvs fine in neutral but sounds like it's almost dead when it idles. once rolling tho, there is no problem with the clutch. anyone know what is causing this problem?

anyone??

In the past I have had clutch plates stick together. Obviously this is most obvious in first gear. Once, they loosened up after a few rides, another time I had to pull the clutch pack apart to get everything working properly.

Alternatively, if the injectors are slightly plugged, it will show up most at idle/low throttle. Once he gets into higher gears he rolls in more throttle and the restriction is less noticeable.

I would dump in some injector cleaner and ride it hard for a tank as that has a good chance of clearing up both problems above. Obviously if the stalling is bad enough that it is unsafe to ride, don't do this.

I see, I will try injector cleaner fluid once it is warm enough outside to ride

In the past I have had clutch plates stick together. Obviously this is most obvious in first gear. Once, they loosened up after a few rides, another time I had to pull the clutch pack apart to get everything working properly.

Alternatively, if the injectors are slightly plugged, it will show up most at idle/low throttle. Once he gets into higher gears he rolls in more throttle and the restriction is less noticeable.

I would dump in some injector cleaner and ride it hard for a tank as that has a good chance of clearing up both problems above. Obviously if the stalling is bad enough that it is unsafe to ride, don't do this.

give me more details.
what sort of kms ?
how has it been kept?
maintaince....
has he gone thought a tank of fuel already...

give me more details.
what sort of kms ?
how has it been kept?
maintaince....
has he gone thought a tank of fuel already...

15000 km , serviced every 3k km with motul 10w40. oil was last changed before storing for the winter. He has gone through one tank. I showed the bike to a mechanic Friend who told me that it's the clutch?

Adjust the clutch. Although it should be pulling forward if the clutch is not disengaging properly. Should be pretty obvious.

Back
Top Bottom