Winter storage nightmare | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter storage nightmare

For what it's worth, I've used Ken's winter storage for years and always had a perfect experience. The bike was picked up and returned promptly with no mishaps.

As stated before, accidents happen, it's more about owning up to it - more importantly, his (alleged) word on fixing it.

The moment you take someone's money and property for storage, you're responsible for whatever happens to it. Seems like Ken is going to sit this one out given his account activity being online from 2PM and last seen at 10:45PM - hard to miss this thread especially if its your business.

I mean... The damage to the bike is going to take a HUGE chunk of profits from storing peoples bikes and likely doesn't want to pay up.

Perhaps, he's getting legal council and told not to say anything?

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be many pitchforks or nooses in the thread, so calling in the lawyers might be a hastier decision than the driving that tipped over the FJR. Please correct with "alleged" where necessary.

Last edited:
Sample polling shows Ken ahead of Jian but fading. Is this an elaborate hoax?

Why would you assume Ken would see this? I know I don't see every thread on here every day. There's nothing in the title to indicate he should click on it. Have you tried PMing him?

Anyway...I'll move this to the Review forum where it belongs.

Why would you assume Ken would see this? I know I don't see every thread on here every day. There's nothing in the title to indicate he should click on it. Have you tried PMing him?

Anyway...I'll move this to the Review forum where it belongs.[/QUOTE

I was hoping Ken would see it and offer up an explanation to his loyal supporters as to why he's walking away, and why he thinks I should pay for the damages he caused. I did send him a PM as well.

I realize "stuff" happens. But I also have an expectation that a service provider will take responsibility when it's their fault. Initially, there was a promise to repair the bike to it's original condition, and ongoing communication, ... and then total silence.

I also had one good year with Ken. So, silly me for trying to be accommodating. This is what I get.

But, I have all the irrefutable proof I need to proceed. Just thought I should warn others to be prepared for when things don't go as planned.

Typical of most things in life. When things go well, rarely a need for concern.

When they don't? Makes you wonder?

Anyone fly United before they had LE beat up a passenger that refused to get off the plane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also had one good year with Ken. So, silly me for trying to be accommodating. This is what I get.

But, I have all the irrefutable proof I need to proceed. Just thought I should warn others to be prepared for when things don't go as planned.
I say good on you for posting an honest review. It's always hard when you have a bad experience in a sea of good reviews. It's happened to me a few times. Although twice in my case after I posted the person threatened me, made up a completely fake review, but then other people came out of the woodwork and said the same happened to them but they were afraid to post being the only ones with negative experiences and didn't want the fake negative reviews. That wasn't on this forum, fortunately.

I'm surprised there's not been at least one response posted here.

I say good on you for posting an honest review. It's always hard when you have a bad experience in a sea of good reviews. It's happened to me a few times. Although twice in my case after I posted the person threatened me, made up a completely fake review, but then other people came out of the woodwork and said the same happened to them but they were afraid to post being the only ones with negative experiences and didn't want the fake negative reviews. That wasn't on this forum, fortunately.

I'm surprised there's not been at least one response posted here.

I know the OP quite well and can attest to this being an honest and unembellished review and recount of events. I saw the pics and bike right after the incident. The OP is a very reasonable person and was trying to be as accommodating with Ken to get this resolved, giving him time to source the parts needed to repair the bike. It appears as though Ken has chosen to ignore the OP. That's is not what a "stand up" business person does. Get the crowbar out, pry open the wallet and make good on something that was 100% your fault. People have a good memory, and I'm gathering many have read this thread. That alone has likely hurt your "brand".

One of the many reasons its worth a few hundred bucks a month for me to rent a garage. A place to wrench on and store my rides. Sure there's no pick up or delivery, but I can always have a buddy tail me when dropping off or take me to pick up. Or I can just leave my car in there when the bike is out. On the upside its a place to spin wrenches, hydro is included, and I'll never find my bike laying down.

So you would give yourself ^ a pretty good review then? That makes sense.

For anyone who stored their bike with kneedragger88 or SOARService, please check your baby very carefully upon delivery.

My like-new FJR was delivered on it's side last year. At first Ken said he would repair the bike at no charge and throw in a free winter storage. Now he's disappeared. No response in 6 months. What a jerk.
I thought Kneedragger88 had a good reputation in this forum? I'm looking for winter storage too, anywhere in the GTA with heated facility, are all of them heated? At room temperature? What I noticed of all these places is that they want to upsell you services, some of them won't store your bike unless you buy a bike cover, a proper bike cover, which that can run me $200 extra.

it's from 2017 :|
with covid happening you will be lucky to find any winter storage anywhere and it might even cost more
... room temperature is a relative thing, if you like your room at 15 degrees C I think you will find that's about typical.
Give or take 12 degrees depending on weather conditions.

it's from 2017 :|
with covid happening you will be lucky to find any winter storage anywhere and it might even cost more
... room temperature is a relative thing, if you like your room at 15 degrees C I think you will find that's about typical.
Give or take 12 degrees depending on weather conditions.
Why would Covid-19 create a shortage of space for bikes this winter? Bikes are going to give each other the flu? You don't make sense man. I really don't want my bike sitting outside with a bike cover in -20 temps, something will get busted, rubber hoses will get stiff and cracked and gawd knows what else. I live in an apartmen and no way in hell I'm parking my new bike there to get stolen. I'm just curious about the prices for 5-6 months storage. Anyone here have stored their bikes in one of these places? How much for the winter months?

Why would Covid-19 create a shortage of space for bikes this winter? Bikes are going to give each other the flu? You don't make sense man. I really don't want my bike sitting outside with a bike cover in -20 temps, something will get busted, rubber hoses will get stiff and cracked and gawd knows what else. I live in an apartmen and no way in hell I'm parking my new bike there to get stolen. I'm just curious about the prices for 5-6 months storage. Anyone here have stored their bikes in one of these places? How much for the winter months?
Given the royal ass kicking that most retail has been taking, I would be investigating self-storage places. I wouldnt want my bike hung up in bankruptcy or a landlord dispute.

Last edited:
Sadly everything is going to get way more expensive.

BMW Toronto downtown used to offer winter storage services. They had half of the top floor cordoned off for bike storage. No cover required.

Not sure how much they charged. Probably expensive.

(y) there you go, see if they still offer that service,
I bet their rates go up this year because of covid

Back
Top Bottom