Older Sv650's | GTAMotorcycle.com

Older Sv650's

Zx Damien

Most of the bikes on kijiji arent saftied but look to be in good condition - what should I watch out for looking for a used Sv650 03-09? Its that time to upgrade to somthing bigger. Not sure if financing is a good idea as i dont like to have any kind of debt.

Any advice is very appreciated!!!

You are on the right path. Financing toys is a bad idea. Also, given the value of the bike, I wouldn't bother paying for collision insurance. If you have a collision claim, you won't be able to afford insurance at renewal time anyway so it's normally cheaper to fix them yourself. If you have it financed, the finance company requires you to have collision insurance.

When you said older, I thought you meant first gens. Very confused, they're all the same for 13 years. Bikes usually good, check tires for age and use, make sure you add locktite to the shifter peg early, I've had it rattle off the bike on me on 2 different SVs

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Listen for excessive ticking or rattling from the front cylinder.
Guys like to wheelie them, but in doing so they starve the motor of oil as the oil pump pickup is at the front of the pan.

As mentioned the front spark plug is a common problem as the front wheel blasts it with water,dirt,etc. Just put dielectric grease on it and it is usually golden. Mine had the gear position sensor act up a few times turning on the FI light. Take apart and clean the contacts and it worked again. Otherwise solid and fun bikes. Basically the same from 03-12 other than paint colour and ABS.

Back
Top Bottom