Need some help trying to switch bike ownership without proper registration | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need some help trying to switch bike ownership without proper registration

shibui

Hi everyone,

I purchased a bike 1.5 years ago on a Saturday. On Monday, I lost my job and did not have the money to switch owners. I was unemployed until a few months ago and I finally have the money to switch the ownership. I have the Used vehicle package signed, as well as the back of the registration. The thing I found out at Service Ontario is I do not have the other part of the register! They said I can get a signed letter from the current order to do the transfer but I no contact information for the guy as it was 1.5 years ago since I last talked with him. I've Googled his name but cannot find any contact information. Does anyone know what my next move would be? I do have the Used vehicle package that shows the VIN and he printed and signed his name.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Write and sign an affidavit with as much information as you can.

Basically what I would do is go in to service Ontario and don't leave until you have it in your name.

I had a bike that had never been registered in Canada at all. The worker told me there was nothing I can do and I'd have to go to the border and "import" it. I refused and said she can enter in to the computer. After a few back and fourths with her so finally called head office and they told her what to do. We had to write a letter with all the information and she made me swear it was all true. We both signed it and she entered in the computer. Done and done.

Basically what I would do is go in to service Ontario and don't leave until you have it in your name.

I had a bike that had never been registered in Canada at all. The worker told me there was nothing I can do and I'd have to go to the border and "import" it. I refused and said she can enter in to the computer. After a few back and fourths with her so finally called head office and they told her what to do. We had to write a letter with all the information and she made me swear it was all true. We both signed it and she entered in the computer. Done and done.

Interesting to hear that a counter worker at Service Ontario is a Commissioner or Notary Republic..

Thanks for this info. What do they do if you do not register the bike within 6 days of the sale?

Interesting to hear that a counter worker at Service Ontario is a Commissioner or Notary Republic..

Impossible isn't it. Lol. I probably did get lucky, but I wasn't asking questions about her credentials.

Thanks for this info. What do they do if you do not register the bike within 6 days of the sale?

From what I've heard Service Ontario does nothing. HOWEVER if you go to the local cop shop and ask them for information they give you a nasty reminder of your visit. It happened to a friend when he went in to clarify something.

There is a set procedure to transferring the ownership of a vehicle.
Government workers are trained in how to perform their specific duties and very little else.
When you go outside the borders or stretch the envelope, the employee doesn't know how to react.
This is why some people get a bike with no ownership registered with little trouble while others have to get an affidavit from God.

There is a set procedure to transferring the ownership of a vehicle.
Government workers are trained in how to perform their specific duties and very little else.
When you go outside the borders or stretch the envelope, the employee doesn't know how to react.
This is why some people get a bike with no ownership registered with little trouble while others have to get an affidavit from God.

Fundamentally true.

'Wait until you have to settle an estate involving the sale of a deceased person's vehicle.
It can be very entertaining.

Is the owners address on the part you have, have you tried going there to see if they are still there?

Sorry, I have the top right of the form, the part with the heading Application For Vehicle Transfer. I have all the information filled out in the Seller's part.

Then you have a 1/4 of the whole document when you should have 1/2.

...and you don't remember where you went to buy the bike?????

Back
Top Bottom