RTI Riding Basics M2 Course | GTAMotorcycle.com

RTI Riding Basics M2 Course

orang

Completed RTI's M2 licencing course this weekend at their Oakville location, nothing but good things to say about it. The only experience I had going into the course was riding my ninja 250 around my neighbourhood (no plates so just up and down a few streets), and a lot of time on a regular bicycle.
The course itself was really well structured in my opinion. They introduce a drill that highlights some fundamental skill (while explaining why the skill is important and when you would use it), demonstrate it, and then you just practice. I don't really know how much time we spent doing each drill, I think it was dependent on how long the group took to develop the skill highlighted in the specific drill. There are breaks and lunches mixed in and they're well timed, aside from needing food at lunch I honestly wanted to practice through most of the breaks because I was having fun.
I had a great group, everyone seemed to be having a really good time. Might have just gotten lucky but everyone was really friendly. Weather was beautiful both days, too. I have a old ninja 250 but had always wanted to ride a dirt bike so I did the entire course on a TW200. You can switch bikes whenever you want and ride all the different bikes there, though. I had an absolute blast on the TW.

The instructors were awesome. Communication between them was flawless, it seemed like they'd done it a thousand times before. Paul and Kevin were great :eek: but all the other instructors were awesome, Doug was hilarious.
I really can't say enough good words about the instructors, they did an absolutely fantastic job in my opinion.

The evaluation is nothing to worry about. Everyone was really nervous about it, but the evaluation is the exact same drills that you've been practicing all weekend. The nerves got to a lot of people though (including me) and that lead to a few mistakes.

All in all, great experience, I feel confident on a bike now and the experience, including the theory class, was fun all the way through. If anyone has any questions about the course I can answer them

Last edited:
I did the M2 course there like 14yrs ago and it was an awesome time.
I still refer people to them up to this day.

I did the M2 course there like 14yrs ago and it was an awesome time.
I still refer people to them up to this day.
I did the course at their old King/Dufferin location 14 years ago and still remember it.
Awesome course, great instructors and good times!

Lynn is cool, the other two people I met through them I was not impressed with to say the least,one flat out lied to me to fail me on my M and the other brought along his female partner to my re test whom told me she didn't ride however she had something to say to me about my riding....uh ok. Neither of the two are on this board( as far as I know) and I remember their names I just don't care to mention them

Sounds like a good experience.

Be careful riding an uninsured/unplated bike on public roads - it can get you in all sorts of hurt really quick which would make getting insurance a way more painful experience moving forward. ;)

Definitely, I'm super excited to get plates on tomorrow. Only gave it a few text laps around the block when there were no plates on ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom