SuperMoto insurance prices with M2? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SuperMoto insurance prices with M2?

Mojoe

Ive had my m2 since september 2016 and i'm looking to get a crf250L or wr250r. Just wondering what to expect with insurance prices. What are people paying for comparable bikes? Thanks.

Ive had my m2 since september 2016 and i'm looking to get a crf250L or wr250r. Just wondering what to expect with insurance prices. What are people paying for comparable bikes? Thanks.

I'm paying $1250 for my KLX250SF with Aviva (through Dalton Timmis). I'm in SW Ontario (not GTA). I received my M2 in May of 2016.

Was told that the DRZ and the WR were the same to insure by two different insurance companies, and I pay ~$1900/year for the DRZ.

thank you for the replies. I was hoping it wouldn't be more than $1000 but I guess that's not realistic. damn.

thank you for the replies. I was hoping it wouldn't be more than $1000 but I guess that's not realistic. damn.
Price depends alot on your age and where you live etc. Call some brokers and find out for sure before you buy a bike if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Echelon quoted me $696 for a year. still waiting to hear back from Dalton. quoted a 2016 crf250l.
$636 each if I get my wife on board. I'll update when I make my final decision. thanks for all the input.

Last edited:
Lol! I pay $260/yr full coverage for my WR250X but I'm over 40. I live downtown Toronto.

I guess I should have mentioned I'm 20, and assumed op was also about my age based on the fact that its usually teenagers who come on here and ask how much insurance is, though it appears not in this case. I am happy to say I got my renewal and its down to $1650.

turns out the quote I got initially was not accurate. for myself on a 2016 crf250l is $839. for my wife and I to be insured with her 2008 crf230l and my crf250l will be $1300 for the year. best price I've gotten so far. with Aviva. think I'll go with that.

I guess I should have mentioned I'm 20, and assumed op was also about my age based on the fact that its usually teenagers who come on here and ask how much insurance is, though it appears not in this case. I am happy to say I got my renewal and its down to $1650.

I was aware of that, just laughing at the crazy cost of insurance for young people.

I was aware of that, just laughing at the crazy cost of insurance for young people.

Well, the young guys get the last laugh... For now at least.

I'm 51 and pay peanuts for my insurance compared to those in their 20's, but... I have to sit down to put on my riding boots and the ol' hydraulics aren't what they used to be.

On the up side I can ride pretty much any bike I want, but man... 'What I would give to have my full head of hair again.

On the up side I can ride pretty much any bike I want, but man... 'What I would give to have my full head of hair again.

I've always wanted an FZ07, I'm just afraid to ask how much it would be for insurance.

I tried to get add a 2015 DR650 to my policy back in the fall (when I had ~6mo riding experience) and it would have been like $3600/year. I still miss not getting that bike, but I could buy a new DRZ every couple years with the savings from insurance alone.

Try The Personal or Desjardins
Got an amazing rate for my wr250r

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

best price I got was $1250 for both my wife and I. she has a 2008 crf230l I have a 2016 crf250l. both on M2. Echelon was the company from Michell and Whale brokers.

Back
Top Bottom