invasive popups? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

invasive popups?

Re: Virus, malware or GTAM new advertising?

It only seems to be happening on this forum. Occasionally, when I click on a thread title, a new window pops up directing me to external websites.

My virus and malware scanner says my computer is all good. Not sure what's happening here. Is this a new GTAM advertising technique or is my browser getting jacked?

This is being discussed here: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?201087-invasive-popups

Just don't click any of the links/download anything those popups lead you to.

Fix your ad-block software. If you are using microsoft exploder, there's your problem.

I'm using Firefox with ad-block, and I have no idea what the problem is that you folks are talking about.

Fix your ad-block software. If you are using microsoft exploder, there's your problem.

I'm using Firefox with ad-block, and I have no idea what the problem is that you folks are talking about.

lolwut? You shouldn't have to run adblock to use a forum.

Advocate for fixing the forum, not installing adblock on every user's computer...

This is something wrong...x2 you shouldn't need to run an adblocker.

Switching to the "olblue" template fixed (well, band-aided) a lot of the issues for me, but the Opera malware detector still flips out everytime I come here - there's still big problems somewhere.

I still occasionally get this issue of popups with adblock on chrome (maybe once a week).

It becomes more of an issue when using your phone to browse. Quite annoying to close/navigate away from malicious sites on a phone.

Could this not be traced back to what add-in/update was installed when this started happening, or was the forum sold out to a malicious "advertising" company?

FflfDZ3.jpg

and again this morning

something going on......again....

work her is catching this each time I try to login to this site...

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

Based on your organization's access policies, access to this web site ( http://never2date.com/base.php?c=321&key=28c1b36142630f8de6a75a4df8427fbe&zoneid=73663 ) has been blocked because the web category "Adult" is not allowed.

If you have questions, please contact your organization's network administrator and provide the codes shown below.

not good getting this at work, they are going to block me completely.....

I'm just waiting for the server folk to do some updates so I can update the forum. Hopefully have this solved later today.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using GTAM mobile app

no popups, but I'm running an ad blocker on Opera browser

if I do not have the cookie set, I get a malicious site warning though

Yeah I just come across that site and thought of GTAM, figured this thread was the best place to dump the link :)

Back
Top Bottom