Hissing noise — Ninja 250 09 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hissing noise — Ninja 250 09

@mistersouthpaw it is a custom exhaust and I checked it for leaks at the front and we're all good there. Same for the length of the exhaust. Checked for leaks around hoses and carbs, still nada.

Can you hear it more on the right side of the bike or the left? Or from the top?

@mistersouthpaw both sides are equal. It can be heard clearer from the top of the motorcycle where the handlebars are.

Pop the gas cap - do you hear a rushing air sound ?
It might be the tank isn't venting properly.
I've seen instances where people fill it right to the brim when they store it, crud forms around the edge and the vent hole gets plugged.
Takes 5 seconds to check ?

Pop the gas cap - do you hear a rushing air sound ?
It might be the tank isn't venting properly.
I've seen instances where people fill it right to the brim when they store it, crud forms around the edge and the vent hole gets plugged.
Takes 5 seconds to check ?

Yea for the couple seconds it takes its worth unscrewing the cap and checking the vent hole and inspecting the cap

@TK4 that's not a bad idea i'll take a look at it sometime in the next couple of days

@mistersouthpaw yeah it's a weird one right…

My friend has an old bike that made that sound, we laughed about it because it kind of sounded like a really weak blow-off valve from a turbo car. It ended up being his cam chain chattering/slapping around. Can't recall the model of the bike but its got a few years on your ninja, it might not be the case but always something to check.

Back
Top Bottom