Looking for a Hooligan Machine! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a Hooligan Machine!

I just got it just 2 weeks ago. It's a 2013 I'm hoping the quirks have been addressed by then lol got it with 5k its at 7k right now, needs a rear tire the stock knobs do not last on road, great off road. Pretty sure its burning oil, gotta check it today. May have developed a ticking noise could be paranoia lol or low oil?

I know :(

I have the same problem, not sure if legit issue or paranoia,

usually end up texting frekeguy who ends up telling me its nothing

I just got it just 2 weeks ago. It's a 2013 I'm hoping the quirks have been addressed by then lol got it with 5k its at 7k right now, needs a rear tire the stock knobs do not last on road, great off road. Pretty sure its burning oil, gotta check it today. May have developed a ticking noise could be paranoia lol or low oil?

Congratulations, I'm burning with jealousy right now.

It's pretty low K, but for piece of mind take it to a KTM dealer (my preference is Orange in Cobourg, too far for you likely) and have it checked over. They'll make sure and service updates have been applied too.

But if the worry gets too be much for you, I'd be glad to help you find relief and take it off your hands.

Congratulations, I'm burning with jealousy right now.

It's pretty low K, but for piece of mind take it to a KTM dealer (my preference is Orange in Cobourg, too far for you likely) and have it checked over. They'll make sure and service updates have been applied too.

But if the worry gets too be much for you, I'd be glad to help you find relief and take it off your hands.
Thanks xrljoel! I think it's the ultimate hooligan machine. And I checked the oil, it's fine.. tick is still there. Driving me crazy. Maybe cam?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thanks xrljoel! I think it's the ultimate hooligan machine. And I checked the oil, it's fine.. tick is still there. Driving me crazy. Maybe cam?

Check out this thread on Adv rider. Post # 29657 (number is in top right corner) mentions a ticking sound as a precursor to disaster. Just for peace of mind I'd check it out.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/new-and-improved-ktm690-wunderfest.722987/page-1483

Check out this thread on Adv rider. Post # 29657 (number is in top right corner) mentions a ticking sound as a precursor to disaster. Just for peace of mind I'd check it out.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/new-and-improved-ktm690-wunderfest.722987/page-1483

Good looking out my friend. Lets hope by 2013 they the fixed this issue. That is a reason why I got the 2013 model.
Its got 7.5k on the od now. I'll be checking valves at 10k and my rockers. Lets hope all is well and its just reverb from the flatland racing metal skid plate. It has not has not gotten worse, so that's a good sign... right? lol

Hey all!

Just to loop back on this one.. picking up a 2010 KTM 690smc tomorrow! Fortunately a good member of the forum PM'd me with a bike he doesn't ride often and I'll be joining the supermoto world shortly! Very excited, if anyone ever wants to ride always feel free to reach out!

We also have a big track riding group (sportbikes) if anyone is interested in joining - hit me up on instagram at @phil.beans :)

Hey all!

Just to loop back on this one.. picking up a 2010 KTM 690smc tomorrow! Fortunately a good member of the forum PM'd me with a bike he doesn't ride often and I'll be joining the supermoto world shortly! Very excited, if anyone ever wants to ride always feel free to reach out!

We also have a big track riding group (sportbikes) if anyone is interested in joining - hit me up on instagram at @phil.beans :)
Congratulations indeed!! Let's ride brother. I'm in Brampton.

Back
Top Bottom