Ducati/triumph scrambler offroading | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati/triumph scrambler offroading

bigpoppa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtWRc5ikMs

Always loved those beautiful triumphs, apparently the scrambler(ducati/triumph) is marketed as somewhat of an offroad machine,

anyway check it out, i thought they performed very well considering most peoples expectation of these beauties is that they are just street bikes

Was looking for a do it all adv bike, and for a moment in the video i was considering the triumph, but i would likely commit suicide if i ever drop it.

Kudos to the guys for an awesome review

Damn that looks like a tonne of fun.
Thx for posting.

Those guys rode these bikes for a few days and then gave them back, from an ownership POV their review is useless, try doing that 6-7-8-9 times on this bike and you will see a lot more damage on it, fork seals are gonna fly out, frame / sub-frame will likely crack in no time if you put it thru half of what they did on a semi regular basis.

"Do it all" bikes don't exist usually in order to be very good in one aspect it will have to give something up in another, thats why a lot of ppl have several

Haven't ridden the Ducati but I know for sure the Triumph is pretty crappy for that task. The new Ducati Desert Sled otoh looks very promising as a serviceable compromise.

Haven't ridden the Ducati but I know for sure the Triumph is pretty crappy for that task. The new Ducati Desert Sled otoh looks very promising as a serviceable compromise.

And the added factor of saying you ride a Desert Sled. Ducati knows cool.

Except maybe with the Multistrada??? Cool bike but not so much cool name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And the added factor of saying you ride a Desert Sled. Ducati knows cool.

Except may with the Multistrada??? Cool bike but not so much cool name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been keeping my ear to the ground whilst investigating and analyzing varied opinions from all relevant quarters. Some not so kind. Some over the moon. Doosh comes up on occasion. Not sure what that's all about. Maybe an amalgam of of doosh and cool splits the difference? Ducati Doolsport has a ring to it, no? Or Multidoosh? Dunno:tshirt:

Picking up my Scrambler Desert Sled this month from GPBikes. I plan to use it pretty much just like the guys in the video. I'll be adding some protection bits. Had a dirtbike for 3 years, but would like to explore more rather than being stuck in the Ganny on single track all day. I had a drz400 before, but what I don't like about most dual sports is their long range travel ergos and low power.
Hope the Desert Sled with a bit of work will be the perfect balance.

I really hope that Desert Sled works out for you. I'm a little of an opinion that these are fad bikes, hipster attempts at Instagram adventures, but i could be wrong. Nice thing is that at least in Ontario, the terrain is generally quite forgiving (not bone-rattling rocky as down south), and CAA is a call away...

Let us know how the Sled works out... At the very least I'd love to see how Ducaty Warranty handles any off-road damage-related claims and whether a bike like that could be suitable for something like the Dempster....

I really hope that Desert Sled works out for you. I'm a little of an opinion that these are fad bikes, hipster attempts at Instagram adventures, but i could be wrong. Nice thing is that at least in Ontario, the terrain is generally quite forgiving (not bone-rattling rocky as down south), and CAA is a call away...

Let us know how the Sled works out... At the very least I'd love to see how Ducaty Warranty handles any off-road damage-related claims and whether a bike like that could be suitable for something like the Dempster....

Time will tell, but from my research it should do just fine. I'm not planning on using it on single track or anything like that, but do plan on taking it off-road. I'll hit the Ganny double track first and report back. So far pretty much all Ducati Scramblers have been pretty reliable and people have taken them all over the place.
I'll be adding some protection to it, a better skid plate, some handguards, etc. It's a fairly simple bike, air cooled, no electronics besides the ABS.

Back
Top Bottom