Insurance Needed: 27 Years Old/M2/CBR600RR | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Needed: 27 Years Old/M2/CBR600RR

Despite my car and home being insured with TD for 4 years, and me being 28 with full M, UofT alumni ... they still gave me some ridiculous quotes on a 650cc naked bike. They quoted close to $2300/yr, desjardin quoted $1500 for the same motorcycle for full coverage.

I think TD is only good for young drivers/riders and small motorcycles.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Agreed, my experience with TD has never been good

My insurance hasn't changed that much with TD, about 1200 fully comp for a brand new 1290 super adventure. I'm not in the GTA though and I'm no spring chicken.

I don't know I got $914/year vs $1500+/year with anyone else. But that could be to do with beginner / only r3

Hello,

I recently purchased a Honda CBR600RR and am having a hard time finding insurance. I was originally given a decent quote by Dalton Timmis (which is why I bought the bike in the first place) but they are now only insuring people with their full M license. I am 27 years old, I've had my G license for ten years with no claims, no tickets, no accidents, no nothing. Squeaky clean. I literally just got my M2 and my rider's training the other day. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Anyone know of any insurance companies that will take me on for a decent price? I am able to combine my car with the bike if need be, and I live in North York, Ontario. I'd appreciate any feedback (other than "sell the bike" lol).

Thanks in advance.

Similar situation with me. Got my Quote with Dalton around the end of February and was told it expires in 30 days. April came, I finally found a bike and right before signing the purchase agreement, I called insurance to confirm if that rate was still going to be the same and found out the m2, 4 year changes for 600+ cc SS :(
Let us know if you manage to find something reasonable. From my understanding, Facility is probably the only option now.

I wish I had read more. I only fully learnt about facility now. so basically they have no restrictions, but will charge you high. Apparently also if the bike is over 15k premium may go up a bit more and they may require extra info from you, pictures, bill of sale, appraisal etc.

Im in the same situation m2, 29, trying to insure 2017 yamaha r6 abs. they quoted me just under 5k. insane. but i may do it cause I dont want any other bike.

although if you are looking for other than facility. its important to have a VIN. then maybe intact or td. state farm seems to be crazy. almost double facility

I'm sure you have read enough people saying get the quote before buying. Hard to get insurance on SS for first bike on M2. I was doing the same thing when I was 34 and I couldn't justify the pricing. most companies were looking for you to have a few years of M before price was cheap. So had to go route of Sport Touring and price was 2/3 less.

I wish I had read more. I only fully learnt about facility now. so basically they have no restrictions, but will charge you high. Apparently also if the bike is over 15k premium may go up a bit more and they may require extra info from you, pictures, bill of sale, appraisal etc.

Im in the same situation m2, 29, trying to insure 2017 yamaha r6 abs. they quoted me just under 5k. insane. but i may do it cause I dont want any other bike.

although if you are looking for other than facility. its important to have a VIN. then maybe intact or td. state farm seems to be crazy. almost double facility

Really? thats interesting..i wonder why

I'm sure you have read enough people saying get the quote before buying. Hard to get insurance on SS for first bike on M2. I was doing the same thing when I was 34 and I couldn't justify the pricing. most companies were looking for you to have a few years of M before price was cheap. So had to go route of Sport Touring and price was 2/3 less.

Yeah, no point in getting SS unless your over 30 and have full M, even then its going to be pricey but not rapey.

What sports tourer did you end up getting?

TD is great if you fall under the employers or schools that receive discounts.

Although I only insured an R3 so Not sure on what bigger c.c would look like.

When I was shopping for insurance on my Ninja 300 last year, I applied for 3 TD discounts (work + undergrad school + grad school).

Still was 50% more than what Aviva quoted me. Not sure what TD's criteria is for offering people decent rates.

When I was shopping for insurance on my Ninja 300 last year, I applied for 3 TD discounts (work + undergrad school + grad school).

Still was 50% more than what Aviva quoted me. Not sure what TD's criteria is for offering people decent rates.
Not sure how the criteria works... The only discount I had was working for London Life. Got 914/year vs 1680 with Aviva. All my other quotes had been over 1500/yr

Really? thats interesting..i wonder why

Yeah, no point in getting SS unless your over 30 and have full M, even then its going to be pricey but not rapey.

What sports tourer did you end up getting?

Was going to get a 2016 CBR650 until the 2 earthquakes canceled production. So I got a 2015 ducati monster 821. Love this bike!!!

Was going to get a 2016 CBR650 until the 2 earthquakes canceled production. So I got a 2015 ducati monster 821. Love this bike!!!

ah nice, i hear it likes to be ridden hard, and not really an around the town bike? That true?

What other bikes were you considering at the time? (Fz 09? or others?)

I am with AVIVA and was planning on getting a super sport this coming fall, but that's out of the question now. They did approve me for a daytona 675 street triple, fz07, fz09, and gsx-s750 at somewhat decent rates ($1600-$2000/yr) and I'm 29 with M2 and 1 yr riding experience.

I am with AVIVA and was planning on getting a super sport this coming fall, but that's out of the question now. They did approve me for a daytona 675 street triple, fz07, fz09, and gsx-s750 at somewhat decent rates ($1600-$2000/yr) and I'm 29 with M2 and 1 yr riding experience.
Just left Aviva 1 hour ago for All-State. From 3800 to 1071. 27 with full M 2 days ago, only riding since July 2015.
Oh, 2009 gsxr 600

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you mean a Daytona 675 or a Street Triple? I'm gonna assume the latter

Just left Aviva 1 hour ago for All-State. From 3800 to 1071. 27 with full M 2 days ago, only riding since July 2015.
Oh, 2009 gsxr 600

Meh i guess for some its worth the hassle to bundle car/house/bike.

Oh, 2009 gsxr 600

How did you get Allstate to insure you on a SS ? According to the agent I spoke with, he said they only insure 30+ riders on SS OR riders who have been with Allstate for atleast 1-2 years. House/auto/moto bundled quote.

Even to insure my current sport-tourer, he had to put in an exception to get it approved. I'm 28 with full M last year, owned a motorcycle in Canada for just 1 year.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located ?

Last edited:
How did you get Allstate to insure you on a SS ? According to the agent I spoke with, he said they only insure 30+ riders on SS OR riders who have been with Allstate for atleast 1-2 years. House/auto/moto bundled quote.

Even to insure my current sport-tourer, he had to put in an exception to get it approved. I'm 28 with full M last year, owned a motorcycle in Canada for just 1 year.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located ?
Oh, I have a house. That may be the kicker.
Brought over my car too, but they also quoted my car $300/year lower than aviva

Meh i guess for some its worth the hassle to bundle car/house/bike.
Making a phone call to cancel one insurance and signing my name 3 times is 100% worth saving 2.8k

Making a phone call to cancel one insurance and signing my name 3 times is 100% worth saving 2.8k

Nice

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response. I too got a multi-line quote with house/auto/motorcycle. To make matters worse, auto insurance quote is around $450 higher than what belair quoted me. Home insurance is around $200 higher.

I'm really surprised tbh.

Thanks for the quick response. I too did a multi line quote with house/auto/motorcycle. To make matters worse, auto insurance quote is around $450 higher than what belair quoted me. Home insurance is around $200 higher.

I'm really surprised tbh.
Yeah its not all fun and games, just because you bundle to save on bike doesnt mean your saving on car/home...might end up losing money in the end...

And what if you dont own a home?(rent) I guess then all state doesnt want your business.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom