Insurance Needed: 27 Years Old/M2/CBR600RR | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Needed: 27 Years Old/M2/CBR600RR

Yeah its not all fun and games, just because you bundle to save on bike doesnt mean your saving on car/home...might end up losing money in the end...

And what if you dont own a home?(rent) I guess then all state doesn't want your business.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I *think* rental insurance can substitute home insurance. I'm just surprised by Hyperion's experience. I was denied SS insurance because I'm under 30, but he wasn't. Could having 1 year additional riding experience make that difference ?

I should mention that at first Allstate approved me for SS at an amazing rate. I was looking at $1480 for Yamaha R1 or CBR1000RR. Then 2 days later, agent contacted me and broke the news that they can't insure me because I'm under 30.

Hyperion, I would recommend to sign up all the paperwork with Allstate before you cancel your current insurance.

Last edited:
I *think* rental insurance can substitute home insurance. I'm just surprised by Hyperion's experience. I was denied SS insurance because I'm under 30, but he wasn't. Could having 1 year additional riding experience make that difference ?
They dont know what they are doing half the time, my experience with all state is matched only by TD.

First they(all state) told me they dont insure sport bikes(R3)

Then they told me they can only insure if i bring car/home/bike

Then they told me they CANT insure me because i was under 30 and didnt have continuous coverage for X number of years

They dont know what they are doing half the time, my experience with all state is matched only by TD.

First they(all state) told me they dont insure sport bikes(R3)

Then they told me they can only insure if i bring car/home/bike

Then they told me they CANT insure me because i was under 30 and didnt have continuous coverage for X number of years

That sounds like what I went through lol. I guess Allstate is not really consistent then. Maybe if I try another agent, the story would be different. In any case, i decided to hold off on a SS till I turn 30. Too many hoops to jump through to get it now.

That sounds like what I went through lol. I guess Allstate is not really consistent then. Maybe if I try another agent, the story would be different. In any case, i decided to hold off on a SS till I turn 30. Too many hoops to jump through to get it now.
Wise decision, yeah a lot of times agents are un/misinformed, this might be because motorcycles comprise such a small segment of the population.

Really if i ever go that route it'll be post 30, with a full M

ah nice, i hear it likes to be ridden hard, and not really an around the town bike? That true?

What other bikes were you considering at the time? (Fz 09? or others?)

Does well cruising around town, country and twisty roads. Easy to ride it hard. usually leave it in touring mode or it will stand up all day long when you crack on it.
They do run pretty hot in and around town if you stopping a lot.

Back
Top Bottom