I finally did it! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I finally did it!

limitsreached

Hey everyone!

New to this forum and a relatively new rider to the mean streets of Mississauga. :) I don't really know where to start, but I guess it all began as a kid growing up lucky enough to have access to many motorised vehicles, including the infamous three wheeler. I survived thank god but all that fun I had as a kid set things in motion, and when I was 18 I finally decided to get my license. Not too long after, I got my M1, then my M2, but never handed that completed test envelope into the ministry. Long story short, I did not get my M2 that year or a bike... Why you ask? It was only until after that test that I called for a quote and found out how ridiculous insurance rates were for the bikes I wanted. Being a stubborn 18 year, I didn't want anything other than a sport bike so I decided to scrap the whole idea, letting that M2 completion slip expire in the meantime. I know, pretty stupid..

Since that time, I took my love for cars to the next level and started competing in Autocross and eventually time attack. After building two competitive cars and sinking many of thousands of dollars into them, I decided to take a step back. Obviously, this left a whole in my life and it wasn't too long after that I figured out what was next. ;)

Now into 2016, I decided to finally get my license and see it through, including the purchase of a bike. I redid my M1 and M2 (RTI) early in the summer of last year, and on the advice on my insurance broker, I waited until this year to get my bike. Good call as my quote went down roughly 50%, just like he said it would!

During that time I was waiting, I figured it would be a good idea to finally decide on what bike I wanted to get. After a lot of research and with a lot of consideration given to to my experience level, insurance premiums, initial cost, and ease of maintenance, I finally decided on an gen II SV. So, in December of this year, I came across an incredible deal on a 06 Suzuki SV650s and quickly scooped it up. All these years of waiting finally came to an end and in some weird way, it felt necessary! :D Perhaps it gave me the time I needed to mature.

At this very moment, John at Motorcycle Enhancements is certifying the bike and I should be on the road by the end of the month. Maybe I will see some of you guys around!

Last edited:
Your story is eerily similar to mine, I ended up on '02 sv650s last year. Welcome and congrats.

Congrats. Respect the ride and keep yer head on a swivel.

+1

And dont trust intersections.

oh and get some High vis gear while your at it.

Congrats.....

your garage is way too clean.....:p

C ya on the streets of Sauga.........

Thanks, I just freshened up the garage actually. The walls were all filled and sanded/painted, bass moulding replaced/sealed and even built myself a homemade work bench. I really want to epoxy the floors but rather spend money on the bike. :)

Last edited:
Can you elaborate?

Thanks for the input guys - I will do my best to mitigate the risk!
People dont see you, especially at night, wearing bright clothing makes you visible

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

People dont see you, especially at night, wearing bright clothing makes you visible

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

LOL For some reason I originally read that as high vis(short for viscosity in my mind) gear oil. Don't know why I read it like that.... :lmao:

I appreciate the input!

Just thought I would update...

John over at Motorcycle Enhancements got the Cert done ahead of schedule so I picked up the bike last night and rode her home. Its was chilly and with new tires, I was a tad nervous, but took my time and made it home alright! I sure people could see my smile through my helmet the whole way home!!!

Awesome!
Enjoy the SV... great bike.
My last bike was a GenII naked.
Its a bit buzzy on longer rides but I love that thumpy twin!

+1 on the high vis
I just finished putting some reflective rim tape on the FZ, two fat strips on the back of my jacket and some on the helmet too.
Early morning commutes...

Congrats last year was my first year. learned a lot A friend of mine has a 03 sv 650 I can't remember the exhaust he has but it sound vicious. I should have also got my licence years ago and then get the bike to lower insurance. it crazy what I pay and I only have a 1990 VTR 250

Back
Top Bottom