2017 Ontario GTA Photo Tag | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Ontario GTA Photo Tag

Geeser

Site Supporter
At last, it's that time of the year again! After a crummy end of March, the weather is finally warming up and drying out. Last year was another great tagging season so let's have another terrific one. Newcomers are encouraged! It's a great excuse to get out riding. As always, please ride safe!

Rules:

The rules are pretty simple...

1. Post a picture of any place in the Greater Toronto Area that you have ridden to.

2. The bike must be in the picture.

3. The place has to be somewhere anyone can safely ride to (no private property etc.), on roads (paved or gravel), no trails.

4. Show some photo clues taken along the way to the tag spot (optional).

5. The first person to post a shot of the same spot (including their bike) on this thread gets to place the next tag.

6. No old photos, must be current.

1. When 'tagging' a location: 'current' means the photo was taken (not just edited or Photo-shopped) after the time the challenge 'go-to' spot is posted. Simple.
  2. When setting up a new 'go-to' tag spot for others to pursue, 'current' means the photo you post was taken within approx. the last 3 months.
  3. As a courtesy to others, ensure that the photo is indeed 'current', for example, the business you took a photo of and posted hasn't relocated or closed up shop or the farm field you took a photo of and posted isn't now a sub-division construction zone.

7. The person who finds and posts a tag, must place a new tag within 3 hours of the find post or else that tag is considered void and the previous tag is still open. To clarify: if a new tag is not posted within 3 hours, someone else can grab the old tag AND post a new tag BEFORE the original tagger posts a new tag. This means that the second tagger does not automatically get 3 hours to post the new tag but at least gets a chance to score a point. If the original tagger decided not to post a new tag for whatever reason, then the 3-hour rule apply from the time second tagger posted the old tag.

8. When posting old tag, post should include "Old: <location info> <picture>". The <location info> could be street address or the nearest major junction / landmark.

The goal is to get out riding and have fun, so don't place any tags that are impossible to find, that kinda defeats the purpose. Please try to include some identifier in the photo that makes it locateable within a reasonable amount of Google searching.

Boundaries:
Regional_Map_Large.jpg

First post (from end of last season) goes to alekomotto:

NEW:

Last edited:
Sooooooo, I went there on Sunday, can I upload that Ref?? :D

Though not sure I'm a Ref, I'd have to say no. Rules (copied from last year) say the photo must be taken AFTER the time the challenge go-to spot is POSTED, which is today.

I'm not a ref, either, but it's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

via Tapatalk

Though not sure I'm a Ref, I'd have to say no. Rules (copied from last year) say the photo must be taken AFTER the time the challenge go-to spot is POSTED, which is today.
Sounds okay to me. The current tag is from last season, carried over.

via Tapatalk

Good point. Since the spirit of the game is to get people to ride to a location after it has been selected by someone else and Mango Rider did that, I'm persuaded it's good.

Good point. Since the spirit of the game is to get people to ride to a location after it has been selected by someone else and Mango Rider did that, I'm persuaded it's good.
I'll 2nd (or 3rd) that.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Nooooo, I'll be out of the country for a while..hope I won't fall behind too much when I get back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ill join in on this... I hope the next person comes closer to durham ;):D

I was hoping this would've gotten underway like 2 weeks ago, gotta get some points early before everybody else brings the bikes out :D

Hello Taggers!

Welcome to another great season...

I have been thinking of creating the thread back in Feb/Mar when there were few warm days here and there. Thanks @Geeser for creating the thread.

RIDE SAFE EVERYONE! (Yes, I am shouting... :D)

I'll 2nd (or 3rd) that.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Great discussion and I agree with the collective decision. @MangoRider, it is all yours.

PS: Mango did PM me the tags last sunday since the thread hasn't been created, which I just saw...duh...

Great to hear from you nims232. I've got the bike ready to go. Mango Rider: if you don't post your tag soon, I'm going to grab it this weekend!

Old:
Gellert community Centre, North of 8th line and Sideroad 10, Georgetown.
pWUAqEQ.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

New:
yF0U8BD.jpg

Thanks Nims, happy tagging everyone!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Old: regent park community centre
RPWtwQF.jpg

Old:
Stadium st(?) along the water west of Bathurst and Queen Quay by Porter, Toronto.
cXNsht8.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom