New rider and excited to get my license | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider and excited to get my license

marbles999

Hi there. I have been here for a few months now just trolling to see what it's all about.

I got my M1 at the end of February and am excited to take my M2 course at the end of this month. It has been on my list of things to get done/have done before my 20s, but alas, apparently wasn't the right time. (Maybe midlife crisis? I hope not...) Are there other women riders on here? Can't tell yet.

Looking forward to learning lots and eventually getting out there to ride. Note: don't have a bike yet but am hopeful to get one at the end of this riding season or if I find a very awesome deal -- get it.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

welcome

I still remember the time when I was going to take my M2, such good times, anyway good luck with your M2 and getting a bike.

Remember to stay focus, confident & RELAX !

I'm new as well, unfortunately insurance companies are not going to insure my 03 zx6r anymore, or at least that's what I've been told. I'm ****** off. Thinking about taking my chances in the city this summer. God damn insurance companies think they control everything. Anyone heard of running a fake plate? I'd rather pay the 5000$ fine than pay the 10,000$ dollars a year even if I could get insured!! I have a perfect drivingrecord and should be granted the opportunity to ride. I'm 25 years old.... I'd like to hear your input

I'm new as well, unfortunately insurance companies are not going to insure my 03 zx6r anymore, or at least that's what I've been told. I'm ****** off. Thinking about taking my chances in the city this summer. God damn insurance companies think they control everything. Anyone heard of running a fake plate? I'd rather pay the 5000$ fine than pay the 10,000$ dollars a year even if I could get insured!! I have a perfect drivingrecord and should be granted the opportunity to ride. I'm 25 years old.... I'd like to hear your input

I'd estimate a 40% chance of you getting nabbed. $5000. would be the floor on this, and good luck getting any auto insurance after that. If you actually collided with somebody else, good luck with the rest of your life/salary. You gotta pay to play. One way or the other.

I'd be less worried about the $5000 fine and more worried about getting messed up by an accident and not having any insurance. Or worse, being blamed for messing someone else up and working for the rest of your life to pay the $million(s) you owe the other guy in the accident.

Do what everyone else does who can't pay for their current bikes insurance. Get a bike easier to insure. Or spend the insurance money you can afford on track time and have some real fun with the ZX-6R :)

Don't be someone who is causing high sportbike insurance by running illegally. They are not removing the opportunity to ride, they are just making it difficult to ride THAT bike.

Jeff

Welcome marbles. Definitely the most exciting time is when you're just getting into it :). Make sure to get insurance quotes before pulling the trigger on a bike. See you out there!

Welcome to the forum @marbles999!
Plenty of female members/ riders on here.
What part of the city?
What bikes are you interested in?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Welcome to the forum @marbles999!
Plenty of female members/ riders on here.
What part of the city?
What bikes are you interested in?

I am in Vaughan. I am eyeing Honda 300CBR or Ninja 250. But dreaming for now. My furnace went last month so there went my savings for now.

Hopefully can get something for a reasonable price. Not interested in putting myself in debt.

I am in Vaughan. I am eyeing Honda 300CBR or Ninja 250. But dreaming for now. My furnace went last month so there went my savings for now.

Hopefully can get something for a reasonable price. Not interested in putting myself in debt.

Well then, you are in my neck of the woods.
Nice choices for bikes. Definitely look at some used ones.
Maybe come out to La Paloma Monday night for the first ice cream meet up?

Well then, you are in my neck of the woods.
Nice choices for bikes. Definitely look at some used ones.
Maybe come out to La Paloma Monday night for the first ice cream meet up?

That would be great! Hopefully I can make it. Not sure I will have a bike though. Can I meet up without one?

That would be great! Hopefully I can make it. Not sure I will have a bike though. Can I meet up without one?

I'm most likely bringing my youngest with me so we will be in the Pilot.
So, yes.

Oh.. kids can come too? Cool... Good to know. Thanks for making it feel good to stumble upon a group that is nice and inviting.

Yeah, most people ride in, but I haven't been riding for a bit so I show up and shoot the breeze for a bit. Nice to put faces to usernames and see some bikes.

Thanks Joe for blowing the tough biker image....

;)

...and welcome to the site/life.
I guess you missed the health/nutrition thread where @Joe Bass was complimenting Boots on his butt.

Welcome Marbles, shout out if you need anyone to help check out any used bikes you're considering. It's never nice to buy a "surprise".

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I guess you missed the health/nutrition thread where @Joe Bass was complimenting Boots on his butt.

Welcome Marbles, shout out if you need anyone to help check out any used bikes you're considering. It's never nice to buy a "surprise".

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
Thanks @iceman. Guessing you got rid of the ninja you posted last year.

Thanks for the offer re checking out used. Not sure when I will be actually able to buy yet. Maybe just keep looking up until I find something I can afford/really like. Bf probably will insist on checking it out for me. And no, I am not expecting anyone to just gift me a bike ;)

Of course winning one is better. I'll take that Yamaha if it's a prize (see post in contest thread for link).

Back
Top Bottom