12 exotic cars impounded around Barrie story | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

12 exotic cars impounded around Barrie story

If an officer, observes someone at a traffic stop, attempting to conceal, potential evidence, they can they conduct a search for said evidence, but again would apply for a search warrant before viewing. Just as they would if you were stopped and they saw you put something in your pocket, (which could be narcotics), they would first ask you to empty your pockets, or conduct a search.

So assuming that there were cameras rolling on the offending cars, what happens if they stuff them in their pockets instead of somewhere in the car? If I understand correctly, as the drivers weren't arrested they could only be searched if they consented (is this correct?). If the police saw them putting the cameras in their pockets can they seize them as above and apply for a search warrant to review later?

Does anyone sell SD cards that use something like battery backed SRAM? If you wanted to record hijinx, you have a very limited time after the camera is switched off to retrieve the data, otherwise it all vanishes.

The police don't have any decent video evidence (at least not from witnesses)otherwise it would have been all over citytv(tabloid news at best).What they probably have is some miserable, jealous jerkoff's eye witness accounts

Yes it could be a miserable person but maybe it could/might be something more organized. Would it suprise you if certain individuals abuse the law for their own personal needs.

If there was justice in this world this case would go to trial like this;

-Bring the cop or cops who wrote all the tickets and charges.
-Place every individual cop on stand and make them point out the faces of those they charged and what they saw them doing and what color car they were driving.

I bet zero people would be charged. "Hey I saw a Ferrari stunt driving in a group of exotic cars!!" Pull them all over and charge all of them with stunt driving! I'm sure the cops had not watched any footage video of the culprits when they laid those stunt charges.

I wish cops would be this eager to look at underground garage videos of stolen motorcycles just like they have a hard-on for this incident.

Exactly, it is public perception, which is not always based on reality. Just like the ROC, rides or guys on sport bikes stunting on the 401. Hardly the reality of most everyday sport bike riders. But each time one of those rides occur the public automatically paints all riders as hooligans. Statements are issued by politicians and the police spokespeople saying this has to stop. Been going on since I first got my badge in 1980, will still be going on in 2080, (although likely with flying electric bikes and exotic cars)..lol

Not sure if justice was the idea. More like payday and some publicity. the cops got paid for the day, tow trucks got paid, impound lot got paid. And some prime T.V time - 12 exotic cars stunt driving make a cool headline i

when people hear exotic cars they think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxZ6kju6xo

they don't think this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kdcnDlwEs

Exactly, it is public perception, which is not always based on reality. Just like the ROC, rides or guys on sport bikes stunting on the 401. Hardly the reality of most everyday sport bike riders. But each time one of those rides occur the public automatically paints all riders as hooligans. Statements are issued by politicians and the police spokespeople saying this has to stop. Been going on since I first got my badge in 1980, will still be going on in 2080, (although likely with flying electric bikes and exotic cars)..lol

One would think the Police would be against self driving cars then:D

Don't think so ... there will be plenty of people willing to drive around the autonomous pylons at limit+x. It will be be probably easier picking for the cops, if anything.

Wow, criminal charge of dangerous driving for all involved. The cops must have some damn good video.

I laughed at NFR trying to distance themselves. It looks like it was setup as a ********* rally and then when douchebaggery happened they claimed innocence.

http://www.cp24.com/news/12-drivers...in-connection-with-hwy-400-incident-1.3449745

A dozen drivers from around the GTA are now facing criminal charges of dangerous driving in connection with an incident in April that prompted numerous 911 tips from the public about luxury vehicles speeding and driving erratically en route to Barrie.

Ontario Provincial Police say they received multiple 911 calls on April 2 about luxury vehicles racing and driving aggressively on Highway 407 and Highway 400.
OPP caught up with the vehicles near the Barrie ONroute service centre and charged 12 drivers with stunt driving. The drivers also had their licenses suspended.

All 12 drivers have now been charged with dangerous driving as well, based on witness accounts and video footage, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said Thursday.
Schmidt said the charges come as police seek to combat increasing road fatalities arising from aggressive driving.
“As of today and this week, we’ve seen an 80 per cent increase in road deaths that are connected to aggressive driving and speeding,” Schmidt said in a social media post. “We’ve had 27 people lose their lives already this year compared to 15 by the same time last year.
“This is completely unacceptable. The kind of driving behaviours that we saw back on April 2 is exactly what is defined as aggressive speeding and high-risk driving behavior. There is no tolerance for that kind of behavior on provincial highways.”
The drivers who were charged are all from municipalities around the GTA and are members of an extreme car enthusiast club called “North Face Rally.”
In a Facebook post on April 3, the group distanced itself from those who were charged and said the group recognizes “the absolute need to adhere to all rules and regulations that govern the use of public roadways.”
The group said the drivers’ actions “are their own” and apologized to other motorists who felt intimidated or harassed.
At the time, a lawyer representing the drivers said that he believed they were “at the wrong place at the wrong time” and that the drivers were targeted because the sports cars created a bias against them.
Lawyer Amedeo DiCarlo also said he believed police were treating the drivers aggressively.
All 12 are set to make a court appearance in Barrie on July 10.

from yorkregion.com

As the investigation continued, 12 of the 15 were additionally charged with dangerous driving.

The drivers have been identified as Musa Hasan, 25, Cambridge; Harmanmit Shoker, 23, Brampton; Abishan Jegatheeshan, 19, Brampton; Arman Antranik, 25, Mississauga; Tanjit Singh, 31, Mississauga; Mohammad Ghaffar, 28, Kitchener; Ramanjit Bhoot, 21, Brampton; Mir Baloch, 22, Mississauga; Affan Pathan, 23, Toronto; Tyrell Walker, 32, Scarborough; Steward Wilson, 44, Smithville; and Randeep Dhaliwal, 28, Caledon.

Hmm .. I see where you are going with this, looking at the names and age.

How do people in that age group afford those cars? When I was in that age group (excluding the one outlier) I was driving a rusty 4 cylinder Toyota pickup.

Rich families....

Yep, and rich parents who probably think that their precious snowflakes would never do anything wrong, so I'm sure they'll hire really expensive lawyers to defend them against this terrible miscarriage of justice.

Maybe if those rich families felt like they had to buy the kids a car, they should have bought them a Nissan Micra, and told them if they wanted anything fancier, they'd have to earn it themselves, and if they wrecked it, they'd have to replace it themselves.

(I bought aforementioned old Toyota truck with funds borrowed from dad, and I paid him back - and let him borrow the truck a few times when he needed it for the shop)

Chances are it's a status symbol for the parents as much as the kid. Look everybody I can afford to blow mega $$$ on my kid!!!

Rich kids paying for playing. I have no problem with that. Maybe they will get targeted more and be too busy to go for these only doing 20 over.

Rich families....
Not necessarily. It doesn't take that much income to finance a $100k+ car. Some people are just willing to spend every last dollar they have on a really expensive car, especially if they live with their parents and have no other financial responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom