No Motorcycles in Ontario HOV Lanes, but included in review | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No Motorcycles in Ontario HOV Lanes, but included in review

It just occurred to me, this bike should be eligible to use the 400 series HOVs with a lone occupant:

https://www.bmwcca.org/news/bmw-announces-hybrid-motorcycle

But good luck not getting pulled over every time since enforcement considers all single-occupant bikes banned from the HOVs

Add this to all the other reasons to allow all bikes to use it; to avoid confusion with enforcement.

Did you happen to notice the date on the announcement? BMW's April Fools gift to the world. Better yet, head to a dealership and put your deposit down now, Lol.

油井緋色;2487382 said:
giphy.gif

Sorry dude, I've developed no patience for lack of critical thinking or validation of facts before forming opinions.

You should then immediately ask admins to delete your account and never come back in here, that is all this forum is in the past couple of years.

Did you happen to notice the date on the announcement? BMW's April Fools gift to the world. Better yet, head to a dealership and put your deposit down now, Lol.
Doh!

*Grumble* web page shoulda been removed after 12:00 noon so I wouldn't look like a fool *Grumble*

Lol at the guy that says no helmet has ever saved a life, what s stupid comment.

A helmet saved mine at least once

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I was on hold and I was going to call out that idiot, but I didn't get the chance

Sad that every time the topic comes out there is always one idiot making the people that believe in lane filtering look like we are all idiots
I was on hold and I was going to call out that idiot, but I didn't get the chance

The idiots (at least in north america) don't wear helmets. And they should probably be wearing one. All the time.

Some of us have been writing to the Ontario government for the past few years to get electric motorcycles included in the EV incentive program, which include the Green Plate / HOV access. Sadly, no dice... Ontario is just anti-motorcycle I'm convinced.

Nanny Wynne and her ilk are looking out for you man...save the children...SAVE THE CHILDREN...(tax increase)...save the children (sell off LCBO)...save the children (BLM meetings)...save the children

Some of us have been writing to the Ontario government for the past few years to get electric motorcycles included in the EV incentive program, which include the Green Plate / HOV access. Sadly, no dice... Ontario is just anti-motorcycle I'm convinced.

Nanny Wynne and her ilk are looking out for you man...save the children...SAVE THE CHILDREN...(tax increase)...save the children (sell off LCBO)...save the children (BLM meetings)...save the children

Does this HOV restriction only apply to the Highways? Only asking because there are also HOV lanes on Dufferin south of Langstaff until Steeles and I have noticed the Motorcyle pic is still in them. I am sure there are others throughout the GTA.

Does this HOV restriction only apply to the Highways? Only asking because there are also HOV lanes on Dufferin south of Langstaff until Steeles and I have noticed the Motorcyle pic is still in them. I am sure there are others throughout the GTA.

Those are City of Toronto roads. Some but not all HOV lanes permit motorcycles. Check the signs. Eg Eglington east of Leslie and Don Mills - Yes, Bay St - No

Actuallt the ones he's talking about are in Vaughan, but same idea.

No provincial HOVs (400 series) allow motorcycles, which is what the thread title refers to. Most municipal HOVs do allow it, some don't. Check the signs.

They allow motorcycles only if there is 2 occupants on the motorbike. I've personally asked an opp officer which he didn't know the answer right away and had to call his supervisor. Oh and I was also pulled over by one when I was in the HOV lane. Its safer IMO to be in there especially during rush hour. There is a petition I signed via facebook petitioning the use of HOV for all motorcyclist.

They allow motorcycles only if there is 2 occupants on the motorbike. I've personally asked an opp officer which he didn't know the answer right away and had to call his supervisor. Oh and I was also pulled over by one when I was in the HOV lane. Its safer IMO to be in there especially during rush hour. There is a petition I signed via facebook petitioning the use of HOV for all motorcyclist.
Can you possibly post the link for the petition if not already somewhere or PM me with it? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom