looking for Alien Moto racing suit | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking for Alien Moto racing suit

I emailed them a few months ago. I don't believe any North American distributors yet.

Have seen these years ago at Daytona worn by a GP rider from Europe. Never really took off. Mostly ,,,leather works. everything else grabs. So it may wear better but if it causes you to tumble over sliding, that's not good. You don't see any world class riders wearing them ,,and one would think they would if they were better. I do know the rider that wore them years ago at Daytona had trouble and eventually went back to leather. You most likely won't see them here as the cost would be much higher then leather. Higher cost means less return for the reseller. Not to mention higher reseller cost is higher duties and so on and so on. Your retail is dictated by leather cost.
Good leather works.

this suit is new product
launched at 2016 eicma

have to wait and see then

Have seen these years ago at Daytona worn by a GP rider from Europe. Never really took off. Mostly ,,,leather works. everything else grabs. So it may wear better but if it causes you to tumble over sliding, that's not good. You don't see any world class riders wearing them ,,and one would think they would if they were better. I do know the rider that wore them years ago at Daytona had trouble and eventually went back to leather. You most likely won't see them here as the cost would be much higher then leather. Higher cost means less return for the reseller. Not to mention higher reseller cost is higher duties and so on and so on. Your retail is dictated by leather cost.
Good leather works.

Don't think these are the same suits. I believe they're made of the same material (Schoeller Dynatec) as the Rokker jeans, which is quite slippery, but incredibly abrasion resistant. It has been used in chainsaw pants for years in Europe (came to N. American 15 yrs ago??). Thin, light, incredibly strong, waterproof, and breathable.

Last edited:
Well, I do know there is only one base type material that could handle the forces exerted on it. That is Kevlar, which it says a Dupont Kevlar Fabric. Every fabric part is Kevlar reinforced. So we can say it's Kevlar, These suits I saw and raced against were Kevlar. The technology is there. Fact Dainese holds more patents then any suit manufacturer. So if it was a viable path you can bet Dainese will have patents on it. If not, we can assume why.
The issue I have right off the top is there is no nomex lined impact areas. Kevlar will transfer heat faster then leather,becasue it is thinner if for no other reason. So heat transfer in a light lowside will be greater. Unless of course you are tumbling.
Secondly, you do not want stretch in any suit. If it can stretch then the armour can rotate, Then the armour is no good. That is why if you buy a suit and the Kyprotec stretches it is not good Kyprotec. In order to be Kyprotec it only needs 10% Kevlar. So it can be 90% nylon. So good Kyprotec may give you a slight stretch in one direction. If it has lots of stretch it's nylon and most likely in a crash the armour will be pulled out of place.
So selling a suit on stretch is not good,But here is the big kicker,,who fixes it? You send it back to Sweden? I can't I don't have access to their materials and I would not invest for one or two suits.

By their own admission they say they could reduce their cost over 50% if it was made from leather.Not many can afford to invest in an experiment.
I've pretty much seen and/or repaired every suit crashed at CSBK since it's beginning all but one year. All crashes are different.
Seen the first back protectors and raced with out armour and with armour. Compiled crash data that all the mags wanted and mfger's were terrified of.
Taught me what worked and what didn't.
The Kevlar suit sure was cool looking! Pretty "blingy"
I've been down three times over my career over 230 KPH. And good leathers and good armour and good equipment all did their job thank God.
That is the key, regardless of what you get, get good stuff. Cause sliding down the road at 200+ is not the time to start wondering!
But , if you are racing or doing track days, will the org let you wear it? That is the big question! Most will not allow textiles. Food for thought!

Awesome info! I don't claim to be a race suit expert by any means. The schoeller fabric seems pretty fantastic though. Albeit, quite expensive.

Thanks for the insite.

Back
Top Bottom