Need advices from zx636 owners pls | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need advices from zx636 owners pls

GRN_ZX7R

That asking price is okayish to me but I wouldn't pay it. It doesn't show that great in pictures. I think for the same or a little more you can find a cleaner bike.

Solid bikes.

good for taller riders 5'10+

Just do the basics, change all the fluids, filters, spark plugs when you get it.

check the forks closely for leaks
check the head bearings for noises

That's one of my concerns as well, as I'm 5'4.... my ZX7 wasn't as high...

on a side note besides that one I'll be looking at this one as well tomorrow: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...36/1251362435?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

then decide from there I guess

the model year after is also a nice bike and smaller
go sit on them and see how it feels for you

the 07-08 was one of the most fun bikes I have ridden...had a full exhaust which made a difference
shifting is smooth...just a real fun bike

I know nothing about this type of bike but cosmetically this one looks poorly cared for. Was it kept outside or never washed? You have to wonder how routine maintenance was handled year by year if the "for sale" pictures are this bad. The fairing repair is mickey mouse. I'd wait for a better bike.

or pay him $2900, lol
If you are close, go see it, never know.
Some ppl are lazy with photos.

If someone puts pride into their bike you will know when you go see it and talk to them.
dirty garage = hmmm
dirty bike, doesn't know when they last changed the oil etc...hmmm

I'm planning to go take a look at it and talk to the guy, I agree that from the pics it looks kinda iffy.... it's about half hour away from me. Definitely wouldn't pay the asking price.

They are solid bikes.
I've ridden the 05', and the '13.
Both handled well, lots of grunt and were comfortable for me (6'0").
The "stiching" fairing repair is the new cool thing to do.
Google pics of how drifters fix their bumpers...
I would him offer 3g's.

Well, went to see it, and lets just say it looks better in the pics. It's a U.S. bike, looks like the fork seals need to be replaced, plus brakes all around, battery and few little things here and there. Offered the guy $2900, which seems fair considering but said no, $3400 is the lowest he'll go. Do you guys think $3400 is a fair price for it?

Well, went to see it, and lets just say it looks better in the pics. It's a U.S. bike, looks like the fork seals need to be replaced, plus brakes all around, battery and few little things here and there. Offered the guy $2900, which seems fair considering but said no, $3400 is the lowest he'll go. Do you guys think $3400 is a fair price for it?

no
find another bike

If it needed all that work, i would have offered $2500...
Walk away. Plenty of other bikes out there.

I have an 05 636. Im 5'6 and can flat foot one side. and tippy toe both sides. If you can't deal with that then its not the bike for you. Its honestly a solid bike but for the bike you posted I wouldn't pay more than 2500 if theres that much work needed. I paid 3600 for mine and did not need any work done.

i dont own a 636 but have done a lot of work on a 06.

cam chain tensioner go weak, swap it out for a manual APE one.
other than that it no real issues to speak of.
i may have some lowering links and a shortened kickstand for it still...my buddies bike came lowered about 1 or 2 inches and we raised it back up to stock.

use the sportbike magazine suspension tuning chart, it worked out perfect for my buddy.

The height wasn't an issue after sitting on it, I can flat foot one side. And actually felt more comfortable than the ZX7 I had. Just gotta keep looking now try to find one.

The height wasn't an issue after sitting on it, I can flat foot one side. And actually felt more comfortable than the ZX7 I had. Just gotta keep looking now try to find one.
i wouldnt lower it, i cant flat root on my bike and im fine.

Thats what I'm planning to get 05-06, maybe 04...
I have messaged the guy on this ad http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...36/1252638650?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It's advertised as an 07 636, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looks like an 05-06, plus don't think there was a 636 in 2007. Waiting on the guy to confirm the year.

thats a 636,but i think you are correct, there are no 2007 636's.
i would verify the year, you would be surprised how many people dont know what year their own vehicles are till they look at the ownership.
love how he drilled holes in the tail fairing to put signals through it..........ugh...

same seller has a gsxr750 up for sale...may want to pull the UVIP before you put any money down on it...make sure the vins match, and really go over the bike.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom