asselstines closing | GTAMotorcycle.com

asselstines closing

That does suck. They were one of the first dealers to show support for the oftr.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Will be sad to lose another dealer, but they left a bad taste in my mouth back in the 80's when they completely botched an engine rebuild on one of our quads. It never was right and they wouldn't own up to the issue, or fix it.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them.. small family run dealership. Sad they are going but the owners want to retire.

..Tom

They couldn't find anyone interested in buying it?

Very sad to see this. I only had dealings there once but was very satisfied with their service. I blew a rear tire pulling into a friend's driveway (picked up a razor blade!) you could literally see the back end of the bike lowering as the tire deflated! Lucky I wasn't in the middle of my ride! Anyway, we called around and they were the only shop who had the tire I needed in stock. We took the wheel off and ran it up to them and they installed the tire and balanced it for me on the spot even though they were swamped with work.

I always hate to see dealerships, especially ones like this go. It had a great funky vibe and it felt personal there. Not like the Powerhouse dealerships or SoNM.

Definitely a shame. I'll miss them for sure. I don't even know where the next closest Suzuki dealer is.

Definitely a shame. I'll miss them for sure. I don't even know where the next closest Suzuki dealer is.

HB cycle north of Lindsay.

I picked up a Givi tanklock bag on sale there! They are having big sales now.
Happy Apexes

HB cycle north of Lindsay.

I picked up a Givi tanklock bag on sale there! They are having big sales now.
Happy Apexes

Thanks. I forgot that HB was a Suzuki dealer. I used to buy Ski-Doo parts there, before Bennett moved to Whitby. They seemed okay, but not as convenient as Asselstine's.
I understand that Floyd and Ruth want to retire, but it's a real shame that someone doesn't buy the business and carry on.

Or ATC Corral if you are further west. They've recently moved to a new site at Bloomington & York/Durham line.

Will be sad to lose another dealer, but they left a bad taste in my mouth back in the 80's when they completely botched an engine rebuild on one of our quads. It never was right and they wouldn't own up to the issue, or fix it.

seriously, the 80's

higher insurance + less riders = less shops
watered down guys = less riders = less shops

Nooooo! :(

Anyone know the owner of Spoiled Sports? Not sure how they're feeling about Polaris, maybe we can convince them to deal Suzuki?!

Last edited:
Damn, we bought a place not too far away a couple years ago. Was hoping they'd be my local. Was in there a few times. Once they seated a tire bead no charge when I was having trouble with my compressor. But often they didn't have stock on simple things you would think would be kept on the shelves. Still a shame to see a small family operation go.

Spoiled sports might have Indian in mind now. Every one waiting to see how that deal shakes out. Just my opinion though from casual / informal conversation/ BS chatter.

Back
Top Bottom