Things that make you go hmmmmm | GTAMotorcycle.com

Things that make you go hmmmmm

nakkers

Site Supporter
Why do dental hygienist ask questions and while scaling and cleaning teeth? Seriously?

So, how was your weekend? Any plans this summer?

Not exactly a yes or no or short answer kind of question.

Is it a game? Do they want to make things go longer?

Can they translate the responses given?

So how is the family? Kids doing well?

I'm trying to signal to them to suck out the saliva and other stuff from my mouth and try not to gag and force my tongue to mess with their progress.

Various audible glugs and ahuh, other hums and hand gestures to express a response of sorts. Be polite. Don't want someone with pointy instruments poking around my mouth to take offence or misinterpret my response.

Can't I just watch the tv screen they have on or close my eyes and let them do their thing in peace?

What is the etiquette?

I'm good with the advice or input.

Ah! You are doing good with your flossing.

You still need to floss more though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fall asleep.
Done.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Why is it when you sit, you gain a body part but when you stand up it disappears? ...lap

Why do people tell you to sit down and have a seat?
Can you do one without doing the other?

Why do dental hygienist ask questions and while scaling and cleaning teeth? Seriously?

I'm trying to signal to them to suck out the saliva and other stuff from my mouth and try not to gag and force my tongue to mess with their progress.

Various audible glugs and ahuh, other hums and hand gestures to express a response of sorts. Be polite. Don't want someone with pointy instruments poking around my mouth to take offence or misinterpret my response.

Can't I just watch the tv screen they have on or close my eyes and let them do their thing in peace?

What is the etiquette?

Now my blood is boiling. I notice these types of things all the time. Three that I can think right off hand are work related. Five pair tradesmen(work in teams of two usually) but only one set of blueprints/fab sheets. All day long "Have you seen the prints"?? Where are the fab sheets?? Find the prints, jot needed info into personal notebook. Foreman "Quit wasting time looking at the prints"! Or, job can't progress because need material/supplies. It's on order, nobody knows when coming. Move on to another task. Couple/three days later material comes in....material handler slides it into a dark corner somewhere and says nothing. You can guess the rest. Or, foreman gives vital details/instructions to apprentice. The apprentice may mumble/pass that vital intel to another journeyman. Or maybe not. The whole team is in the dark until the fit hits the shan. The worst part is that this is an ongoing thing. It never really gets corrected. Like it's cultural or something. I talked to RobMack about this at Belfountain one summer. He explained to me how the Germans work together. It's not like this.

I think they do this intentionally to show that you are being perceived as human, instead of feeling like a Caravan getting a new set of plugs. You will know what I mean if there has been more than one employee in the room and they start a conversation with each other whilst excavating the precious minerals from inside your teeth.

It also means that they don't care about your answers. You can just practice grunting meaningfully

It also means that they don't care about your answers. You can just practice grunting meaningfully

That's pretty much a given these days. The tellers at my bank are cringeworthy but one guy takes the cake. I guess they're instructed to engage the customer? This teller will ask me "hey so what's up for this weekend, doing anything exciting"? I fell for it once. Now I just give clipped retorts while trying not to be rude. Thing is, on occasion he'll ask me twice during a visit obviously having forgotten the first ask.

What is the etiquette?

Find someone else that doesn't talk so much.

Since my SO is a Dental Hygienist and I've overheard and had conversations with her friends who are DH's as well, I hear their stories all the time.

Generally speaking, they just want to get the job done ASAP and avoid conversation as they'd typically fall behind in appts. They don't really expect much of a meaningful response and keep the conversations short and sweet before and after the job is done.

Any questions they have in regards to how you take care of your teeth (# of times you brush/floss), they pretty much already have the answer and are just asking to see if you'll lie... :p

Usually I'd keep my answers limited to uh huh (yes), uh uh (no), or shoulder shrug. The DH I have now doesn't talk when cleaning so, it's all good.

Oh, and the "pointy instruments" you speak of are as sharp as knives. You really don't want to piss them off when they're trying to do their job (whipping out your phone and trying to do things) would be one to note. It'll likely result in "accidents" in poking your gums.

Just got in from shopping for suits and love the responses. Thanks everyone. From serious to funny. Awesome.

I had to share this experience since it seems to be consistent with every DH I've had from London to Brampton to St Catharines.

Maybe I just have that "look"?

Anyways, the latest DH was recommended from my significant other that I will refer to as SO.

She suggested I use her DH.

Well, I find my SO's DH is a literal gold digger. She was hell bent on ripping through my teeth and I swear the most attentive person to their dental hygiene would end up with bleeding gums after a visit.

Maybe the last DH wasn't as good and left my teeth alone and this one had to clean up someone else's mess? Who knows!

Time for dinner!

Cheers.

Why are goods sent by car called a shipment by goods sent by ship are cargo

Last edited:
Are they still goods if they went bad? Not Islamabad just regular bad.

Back
Top Bottom