Changing Pipes and Carb Rejet - Cost | GTAMotorcycle.com

Changing Pipes and Carb Rejet - Cost

juventus

Does anyone know what a ball park cost would be to have a mechanic remove and replace pipes and do a carb rejet on a '98 Shadow Aero?

Thank you.

Somewhere between $100-500, not including parts

Does anyone know what a ball park cost would be to have a mechanic remove and replace pipes and do a carb rejet on a '98 Shadow Aero?

Thank you.

I would phrase this more like "what a ball park cost would be to have a mechanic remove and replace pipes and do a carb rejet on a '98 Shadow Aero and tune it to run properly"

Sometimes jetting and tuning a bike goes "just right" quick and easy, other times it is a long and tedious search to get it jetted "just right". Usually jetting is a fairly straight forward affair - particularly if you leave the stock airbox in place. Before you commit to this, I would look for a forum for the shadows, they may be able to tell you what to expect as far as jetting goes. I would say $100 isn't going to happen. I believe it would be closer to $300+ for the pipe install, jetting, testing, and carb sync - if it is an easy tune.... Another consideration is the valve clearances will need to be in spec, and the air filter clean or new before even starting the process.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom