Dirt bike ownership | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirt bike ownership

ended up picking up an 08 YZ250FX with a skid plate, bark busters, exhaust and an ownership :) for $2700

Sweet bike and a pretty good deal. Although the fx was not made in 08, it's a yz250x motocross model. Not that it really matters unless you're mildly ocd like me. Lol

YZ250 (pinger) or YZ250F (thumper). The YZ250X (pinger) came out in 2016, the YZ250FX (thumper) came out in 2015.

I had a 2006 YZ250F set up for trails. It was pretty good. Loads of power for anything I wanted to do. The only complaint I had was it was too twitchy in the slow, tight stuff. I think that was because my carb slide was badly worn from the bike spending most of its life at Gopher MF Dunes before I bought it. Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. Keep the air filter clean and oiled and you'll be good. Yamaha valves are the most reliable.

Thanks

was out today on it and half way thru the day jumped on a buddy's 250 2T, and it was twitchy as all hell and a real challange to ride, i sure I would have gotten used to it after a while, but for a dirt newb the 4T seems a lot more friendly, definitely happy with the purchase

went to Gopher Dunes thinking their trails are open which they weren't, so after realising we would be a danger to ourselves and other on the big track we convinced them to let us go practice on the peewee track lol, humbling experience to say the least, some of those 9 year olds are ****n fast, 6 year old were more my level, all in all a great first day on a dirt bike, cant wait to hit some trails soon

Back
Top Bottom