Buying a new Ninja 300 winter edition | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a new Ninja 300 winter edition

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?1237-Used-Motorcycle-Purchase-Guide

Read it, save $2000-3000 on a ninja 300 on kijiji. Spend that stuff on insurance and gas and gear and other life stuff. Or Bike stuff. Probably bike stuff.

Thanks for the tips
I'd rather buy a new one. I had a bad experience with buying a used car.
I will slow down a bit. I am not in rush.
I am not dead on the black colour. I think a 2016 version would be sheaper and yet with similar specs.
I know kijiji has lot of tentative offers but as a new rider I have no idea how and what to check when buying a used one.
Thanks for the advice

Heck if you are in that ball park price,step it up a bit and look at the Honda CBR 500. Probably get you a couple more years use before stepping further into the void. Remember if finacing you need FULL coverage and that includes collision with lien.

Taller windscreen is usually good for touring bikes and this is not it. Frame sliders you can get for $20.

I put the kawi taller windscreen on my 300, it was $90 ish at the dealer, but I disagree with you on the frame sliders. $20 gets you a generic set that most likely won't fit, especially if you are a noob. I paid $80.00 usd for the woodcraft underbody ones. The Kawi dealer wanted $400 ish for their factory no cut ones for the 300.

The Yoshi sliders on my gsxr were about $120ish, and they came with detailed instructions and a template that shows you where to drill, I would never recommend drilling or cutting fairings to someone that has never worked on bikes before.

Meh if i was buying a ninja, i wouldnt care if it had some 'extras' as its likely to be a first bike that i wont really care for or keep around for a long time.

And if the average price is 3500 why would i pay for a stuck up owner and his 'baby' wanting more, just because "Winter edition bro!'

Meh if i was buying a ninja, i wouldnt care if it had some 'extras' as its likely to be a first bike that i wont really care for or keep around for a long time.

And if the average price is 3500 why would i pay for a stuck up owner and his 'baby' wanting more, just because "Winter edition bro!'

If the guy wants a brand new bike, he won't get one for $3500, anywhere.

This thread is the first I'm hearing about a "Winter Edition" but I'm assuming its much like previous "special editions" you are paying more because of limited numbers, different paint and extra goodies. Upon resale, it may sell faster than regular models, that being said, it wont sell for more.

OP, if you like the bike and can afford it, go for it, but check with a couple other dealers before pulling the plug.

Meh If OP wants a new one, go ahead, but its a ninja 300, likely not his last bike, if i were him id get the bare bones stock one(New) save as much money as i could, so as to minimize the hit when i try to resell for a different bike.

... but I'm assuming its much like previous "special editions" you are paying more because of limited numbers, different paint and extra goodies. Upon resale, it may sell faster than regular models, that being said, it wont sell for more.

OP, if you like the bike and can afford it, go for it, but check with a couple other dealers before pulling the plug.

OP, if you like the bike and can afford it, go for it. Just know that you have options and know that while this is your first bike there is a good chance it won't be your last.

Happy/safe motoring whatever you choose. :)

Break out the crystal ball and think about what any Ninja 300 is worth 3-5 years down the road. Or even one season later?

Will the "special edition" really give it any more value than any other entry level bike?

Look, whatever the reason, if it gets you into riding and it's what you want, go for it.

$7 grand to start out is a lot of cheese.

Some folks don't care, buy used and if it's got some rash, you don't sweat making your own.

Others want to start out with something pristine and keep it that way. Good for them.

But trust some folks that have gone through the days of starting out.

Some have made mistakes. Learn from them.

We are talking about a Kawi 300. It can be dipped in gold. It's not gonna change much.

Op. You admitted you don't know what to look for in a used machine. That's cool. That should be a place to start. Look at what you need to do to maintain a motorcycle as part of owning one. Can you afford to take it to the a dealer for oil changes? Clutch adjustments? Inspecting brake pads? Tire pressure? Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is the first I'm hearing about a "Winter Edition" but I'm assuming its much like previous "special editions" you are paying more because of limited numbers, different paint and extra goodies. Upon resale, it may sell faster than regular models, that being said, it wont sell for more.

But it has a special snowflake on it! A special snowflake.

Hey guys
I am new to the forum and to be a member
I am in the process of buying a ninja 300 2017 winter edition.
I got a quote from two different dealers. The difference in the price was almost 500$ ($7800__ $7300). When I confronted the expensive dealer with the other price and asked if he could match it, he told me that he wouldn't and that I really would question if a tech is building the machine or if it is a lot attendant. Also he said that in this business you get what you pay for.
I have seen both machines as I went in person to both dealers. Both bikes are exactly the same, look new and everything.
He really confused me with... Any advice for me please?

Thanks

Buy from the dealer that gives you the best price, it's a new bike they are prepped all the same way, and ready for you to take home and ride. You have nothing to worry about, it has full warranty, any issues go back to them and have it corrected. Even if you don't like the service at one place go and take the bike to another dealership, they all have to cover warranty work.

All this other info you have been given is great, but if you have your mind set on a new bike, go for it, it's your money, seems you have it, otherwise you would not have been looking at new to begin with. Having new comes with peace of mind, it's all covered for you, so you can ride with one less thing to worry about.

Enjoy the new bike.....

Hey guys
I am new to the forum and to be a member
I am in the process of buying a ninja 300 2017 winter edition.
I got a quote from two different dealers. The difference in the price was almost 500$ ($7800__ $7300). When I confronted the expensive dealer with the other price and asked if he could match it, he told me that he wouldn't and that I really would question if a tech is building the machine or if it is a lot attendant. Also he said that in this business you get what you pay for.
I have seen both machines as I went in person to both dealers. Both bikes are exactly the same, look new and everything.
He really confused me with... Any advice for me please?

Thanks

New is good but if you want to be serious about the lifestyle buy two used for the price of one new. If one breaks, and that's a pretty big if, you'll have the other to ride, or use for temporary parts, or compare/study when fixing the other or eventually sell still leaving you with a bike and less fuss when laid down and scuffed up. Eventually you'll be the resident Ninja 300 guru. People will contact you @ home for sage advise. That's a damn site better than the boat you're in right now amirite.

Enjoy the used bikes.....

break out the crystal ball and think about what any ninja 300 is worth 3-5 years down the road. Or even one season later?

Will the "special edition" really give it any more value than any other entry level bike?

Look, whatever the reason, if it gets you into riding and it's what you want, go for it.

$7 grand to start out is a lot of cheese.

Some folks don't care, buy used and if it's got some rash, you don't sweat making your own.

Others want to start out with something pristine and keep it that way. Good for them.

But trust some folks that have gone through the days of starting out.

Some have made mistakes. Learn from them.

We are talking about a kawi 300. It can be dipped in gold. It's not gonna change much.

Op. You admitted you don't know what to look for in a used machine. That's cool. That should be a place to start. Look at what you need to do to maintain a motorcycle as part of owning one. Can you afford to take it to the a dealer for oil changes? Clutch adjustments? Inspecting brake pads? Tire pressure? Etc.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

can i get an amen?!

Back
Top Bottom