Buying a new Ninja 300 winter edition | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a new Ninja 300 winter edition

Simo

Hey guys
I am new to the forum and to be a member
I am in the process of buying a ninja 300 2017 winter edition.
I got a quote from two different dealers. The difference in the price was almost 500$ ($7800__ $7300). When I confronted the expensive dealer with the other price and asked if he could match it, he told me that he wouldn't and that I really would question if a tech is building the machine or if it is a lot attendant. Also he said that in this business you get what you pay for.
I have seen both machines as I went in person to both dealers. Both bikes are exactly the same, look new and everything.
He really confused me with... Any advice for me please?

Thanks

The expensive dealer is under no obligation to price match and he can give you any kind of bafflegab to justify it. He's a pro, you're green behind the ears. Go to the cheap one if you need to spend less.

The dealers ripping you off, 7 grand for a 300cc bike.

Yeah right.

The smart decision would be go look for a used/cheap 300cc bike.

I would assume this will be your first bike? Don't get me wrong but why would you buy this bike when regular Ninja 300 is way cheaper ... even ABS version is cheaper than "Winter Edition".

So an extra $400 for a matte pain job over the regular ABS model? lol

***edit:
New this year is the addition of a 2017 Ninja 300 ABS Winter Test Edition. The 2017 Ninja 300 ABS Winter Test Edition features frame sliders standard, a new double bubble windshield, passenger color-matched seat cowl with Winter Test emblem (the seat cowl is constructed from high quality ABS plastic and covers the stock rear seat, which is also included), wide rear tire and wide front wheel. It also comes standard with Bridgestone Battlax tires.

The Winter Test Edition paint and graphics scheme is used by the Kawasaki FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) team during their off-season test sessions, where engine parts and fairing shapes are perfected to provide next year's competitive advantage. The imposing stealth-like matte black scheme features minimal white graphics incorporating a snowflake with the Japanese symbol for winter. The Winter Test Edition allows you to get closer to the paint scheme of the Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) factory racers and test riders.
w6oj3g1vja_17_ex300b_bk2_rf_or.jpg

w6oj3g1vja_17ex300b_242wt1drf2cg_c.jpg

Is that a tax in out the door price? Seems way high. I bought a brand new 2014 Ninja 300 in the spring of 2015. I paid $5500 out the door from Cameron Cycle. No way would I have paid over 7K for it.

Call Cameron Cycle and ask what they've got, I wouldn't pay almost 8K for one though. You'll never get your money back out of it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The package seems well priced with frame sliders and decent tires. Buy at whatever dealer makes you most comfortable

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[QaUOTE=Brian_S;2486073]I would assume this will be your first bike? Don't get me wrong but why would you buy this bike when regular Ninja 300 is way cheaper ... even ABS version is cheaper than "Winter Edition".[/QUOTE]

Yes it is
Well this version comes with frame sliders, tall windscreen, and seat cowl from the factory!!
I think they are worth the $400. I also like the colour

Is that a tax in out the door price? Seems way high. I bought a brand new 2014 Ninja 300 in the spring of 2015. I paid $5500 out the door from Cameron Cycle. No way would I have paid over 7K for it.

Call Cameron Cycle and ask what they've got, I wouldn't pay almost 8K for one though. You'll never get your money back out of it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If simo doesnt listen to this guy, hes a ****ing braindead moron.

Not sugar coating it for these guys

Last edited:

If simo doesnt listen to this guy, hes a ****ing braindead moron.

Not sugar coating it for these guys
Especially for a first bike. They seem to make contact with the planet at a higher rate than subsequent bikes. That ultra rare scheme is going to be tough to find body work for.

If you absolutely need to have this very specific edition of the bike, then just find the best out the door price you can get and buy it. The Ninja 300 is a big seller and an easy sell for most dealerships, especially closer to the city, so they might not be motivated to reduce price. However, there a tons of gently used 1,2, or 3 year old Ninja 300's out there with very little mileage and might even have frame sliders etc on them. Even if they don't, given that you can pick one up in the $4000 range, you could easily slap on the taller windscreen, seat cowl and frame sliders and still save $1000+. $1000 will go a long way to paying insurance or buy a lot of gasoline for your new bike! There were black editions in the past if that's the colour you want.

Last edited:
Here's how i determine the price, take MSRP(Found on manufac website) Add sales tax to it. BOOM

Keep in mind dealers make PROFIT at Msrp, that means they make money after they have paid all the bills/employees.

anything more than that, is just the dealer trying to milk you, "Gap coverage" "PDI" "Frieght" "Admin Fees" etc etc etc

You end up pay 7500 for a 5500 bike, that you will want to sell long before you have paid it off.

If i dont like the deal i get, i just walk, lots of dealers out there, lots of good used bikes out there as well.

Call Derek at sturgess cycle

Friend got a z900 for under msrp+tax

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MSRP on the Kawasaki website for Ninja 300 ABS is $5299. Add 13% = $5987.87, unfortunately only in blue or white. If you're dead set on black there are plenty gently used bikes available. A 10 second search found this one

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...bs/1247679025?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It has the windshield and seat cowl already installed as well as other items and is asking $5200. Personally I wouldn't buy this one but it shows what can be found with barely even looking.

MSRP on the Kawasaki website for Ninja 300 ABS is $5299. Add 13% = $5987.87, unfortunately only in blue or white. If you're dead set on black there are plenty gently used bikes available. A 10 second search found this one

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...bs/1247679025?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It has the windshield and seat cowl already installed as well as other items and is asking $5200. Personally I wouldn't buy this one but it shows what can be found with barely even looking.

Thanks for the tips
I'd rather buy a new one. I had a bad experience with buying a used car.
I will slow down a bit. I am not in rush.
I am not dead on the black colour. I think a 2016 version would be sheaper and yet with similar specs.
I know kijiji has lot of tentative offers but as a new rider I have no idea how and what to check when buying a used one.
Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom