Motorcycle Lights requirements | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Lights requirements

superfly999

Strictly for daytime riding - Bike is safetied already years ago. It was converted to a track bike and now the owner wants to ride it on the street. What lights are required at a minimum:

Headlights?
Signals?
Brake Light?

I was going to guess that if you use hand signals and ride in the daytime then no lights are required period...Am I wrong??

You must have a headlight and tail/brake light. Signals are not required but many mechanics will not safety it with no signals.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

You must have a headlight and tail/brake light. Signals are not required but many mechanics will not safety it with no signals.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

OK thanks for the reply. I'll tell him he's gotta put the lights back on and optional on the signals

I believe motorcycles are exempt from requiring signals as they are less than 2.05 metres wide. I believe it is against the law to be riding one half hour before/after sunset/sunrise in that case though, as your arms aren't lit up. Good luck getting a safety pass without them though

Otherwise the only required lamps are a white front light, a red rear light, and a license plate light. It's all laid out in the HTA

If it came with it, it needs it.
If you somehow bought a bike from the factory without them, you might get away without it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Given the safety concerns, and the fact probably 99% of drivers don't know the hand signals for left and right, I'd put signals back on for safety alone. Other than that, headlight, rear brakelight/taillight and plate light.

Back
Top Bottom