Marijuana: The Ultimate Reefer Madness Poll | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marijuana: The Ultimate Reefer Madness Poll

Do you smoke marijuana?

• Why yes, I smoke it regularly.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Meh, I smoke it once in awhile.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Total addict. I can't put down the pipe unless I'm picking up a reef.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Are you crazy? Devil's work it is! I never touch it.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I just say I don't (but I really do).

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, back on topic. There will always be a stigma associated with using drugs and it has nothing to do with the laws.

The correlation between political leanings and pot is rather thin. I know lots of liberals who own guns. I know conservatives who smoke pot. The AK is illegal because the RCMP says it can be easily turned into an automatic. I don't know how true that is, but there are lots of better choices than an AK for target shooting or deer hunting. Why bother with one?

AK47 has 2 modes: semi-auto and full auto, no need to mod anything, and is a prohibited weapon

AR15 is a semi-auto restricted weapon, need a special license to purchase one
and is easily modded to full auto, which is illegal to do

OK, back on topic. There will always be a stigma associated with using drugs and it has nothing to do with the laws.
Just like there's a stigma with going out with the guys on a Friday night for some drinks, a once illegal substance?

I don't think that's true. Some drugs, maybe.

Sent from my raven

There is a definite stigma, but my personal belief is it will go away in time, much like alcohol did. And now people look at tobacco smokers like they are possible idiots, since the science supporting not smoking cigarettes is pretty compelling.

I've not heard of any pothead getting stoned out and punching their wife, or smacking the kids, unlike alcohol, so that alone is reason enough for me to let people blaze away. There will be those that smoke up before work, at lunch, and on the way home and productivity and home life will suffer, same as people abuse alcohol. And they will deny there is any relation to the weed and inability to get off the couch, same as the abusers of any other product.

Full disclosure (I own guns), HEY GUN NUTS? know why people think your gun nuts? Its a weed thread and somebody has to pop in with scary looking guns and restricted arms. Need an AK, an AR15? Need to put lots of holes in a target all at once? Going moose hunting with an AR? smoke more and think less.

Just like there's a stigma with going out with the guys on a Friday night for some drinks, a once illegal substance?

I don't think that's true. Some drugs, maybe.

Sent from my raven

The stigma file is managed by the stigmatizers, not the stigmatized. BTW, if it's not readily apparent, I'm not against drug use and/or personal freedoms. I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture far down the road.

The stigma file is managed by the stigmatizers, not the stigmatized. BTW, if it's not readily apparent, I'm not against drug use and/or personal freedoms. I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture far down the road.
It's fair to say the government are a very prominent portion of the stigmatizers. Look at all the anti drug campaigns, if the anti drug laws don't already show that they are implicit in the creation and perpetuation of the stigma.

Sent from my raven

It's fair to say the government are a very prominent portion of the stigmatizers. Look at all the anti drug campaigns, if the anti drug laws don't already show that they are implicit in the creation and perpetuation of the stigma.

Sent from my raven

I believe in freedom of pure thought and analysis, if there's even such a thing. That the .gov and other entities such as left and right media, Hollywood etc. manage to manipulate many sheeple is unfortunate but a clear thinking person will take interaction with an impaired person for what it is no matter how the impaired party assesses the situation. That's my kind of stigma.

Best pain killer I've ever used, plus I get a bit dopey. Win win.

Anyone ever seen Reefer Madness? Totes ma Goats that is a funny propaganda video.

^like. refreshingly honest.

my doctor has taken me off a muscle relaxing script I've been using on and off for more than half my life (started pooping blood!). On his advice and referral I will be seeing a pot prescribing physician this friday. wheres my old led zeppelin albums...

Last edited:
Individual freedoms are great and I want them for myself as well. I trust myself but I'm not so sure about you;) If you take individual freedoms to their natural conclusion any society could turn into a real ****hole. The question is where do you draw the line?

I rest my case folks. As I say, a threat to any free society.

I rest my case folks. As I say, a threat to any free society.

Maybe in a vacuum far far away. No such a thing as free society, rebel yell tattoos and Easy Rider prescriptions notwithstanding. Remember it's a privilege to drive.

I will never pay a single cent of tax on weed. I am not spending 25 years dodging laws and watching good people destroyed by weed laws, just to have the government and general public do a 180 on it because they want the money from it.

There's people sitting in jail right now and people being arrested today because of weed.... And tomorrow you want me to pay taxes on it... while people will still be in jail for it!?

It's a nice little distraction while the current government runs the country into the ground.

I can't handle the effects of Mary Jane. She makes me sleep and nothing more. I've tried new ways to partake. Gummy bears, brownies etc. Result? Sleep and miss out on the party.

For those that participate, they should do so without fear of Johnnie Law.

Some associates frequently travel and having any kind of a record for drug use would kill their career. Won't call them friends. Fear of the stigma. Lol

There are more folks driving around totally blasted with prescription drugs, that I'd rather worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never pay a single cent of tax on weed. I am not spending 25 years dodging laws and watching good people destroyed by weed laws, just to have the government and general public do a 180 on it because they want the money from it.

There's people sitting in jail right now and people being arrested today because of weed.... And tomorrow you want me to pay taxes on it... while people will still be in jail for it!?

agree. what will happen most likely is next year trudeau will say there is no time and that he has to attend to more pressing matters. Just as former liberal pm jean chretein did ...

It's a nice little distraction while the current government runs the country into the ground.

I can't handle the effects of Mary Jane. She makes me sleep and nothing more. I've tried new ways to partake. Gummy bears, brownies etc. Result? Sleep and miss out on the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully legalization will help people by openly educating themselves and asking/talking about it.

Here's a start for your case - different strains = different effects: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...brid-whats-the-difference-between-cannabis-ty

It's also pretty common for store bought edibles to not list what is in it.

Indica dominant strains tend to put you to sleep - It is what is usually used when selling in bulk because you get more bang for your buck when growing. It takes less space to grow, and produces more.

Sativa dominant strains give a more uplifting energetic high which will enable you to do things and be more creative. The strain takes up more space, grows taller, and produces less buds compared to Indica strains. Dealers typically grow/stock whatever brings in more profit (Indica).

About f$&@?!in time I say!
Legalize that s$&@ so I dont have to hide in my garage...lol
I dont blaze & ride...not a good idea at all - tried it - not good. Cant concetrate
sharing the road with cagers...
Just blaze and watch a movie or walk my dogg...
Ride sober 24/7

Agree 100% - applies to any motor vehicle. Those that choose to blaze and operate machinery have the same mentality as people who drink and drive. "Don't worry, I'm good."

I have always believed that the state has no business enacting authoritarian legislation that attempts to take away an individual's freedom to take a risk. It's your body, do what you want with it. That's why I don't have a problem with people smoking pot, or riding a motorcycle, or riding a motorcycle without a helmet, or bungee jumping, or skydiving. There are many in society however who disagree and to that end have employed the societal burden argument. Despite pretending otherwise, these people do not understand individual freedom and are a continuous threat to any free society.

BUT WAIT! That motorcyclist isn't wearing gloves, lets take a pic and put the rider to shame on moto forums!

FWIW, I ride ATGATT, but someone not wearing gear poses as much danger to me as the next person wearing full gear or the guy in a cage without a seat belt...

Last edited:
What's the acceptable time to drive or ride after smoking? Say a cop pulls me over and asks if I've had any drugs, i tell him I smoked 3 hours ago, will I get a DUI? After how much time that has passed is it okay for smoking and I wonder what this will be once it's legalized.

Sent from my raven

What's the acceptable time to drive or ride after smoking? Say a cop pulls me over and asks if I've had any drugs, i tell him I smoked 3 hours ago, will I get a DUI? After how much time that has passed is it okay for smoking and I wonder what this will be once it's legalized.

Sent from my raven

I think they were testing devices on the road-side to determine THC levels in your blood stream last month sometime... It'd likely be similar to alcohol and driving - being, if you feel anymore than a decent buzz, you're DUI.

I used to give myself at least 5 hours before operating machinery to feel completely normal, but have only been lighting up after I get home from work/end of day for the last couple years.

Me personally I'm able to drive perfectly fine after about a couple hours. Albeit a little buzzed but definitely safer than anyone else I see who drives on the roads completely sober.

I wonder how they'll deal with the subjectivity of THC/Blood ratio. Some people can handle it better than others.

Sent from my raven

Last edited:
Not to be pedantic but I believe the response to THC is involuntary. You can pretend not to be high. You're still high. This is where freedom comes in. You should be able to judge your own abilities while high. If you feel like you can drive you probably can. These roadside meters could be a buzzkill if used incorrectly.

Me personally I'm able to drive perfectly fine after about a couple hours. Albeit a little buzzed but definitely safer than anyone else I see who drives on the roads completely sober.

I wonder how they'll deal with the subjectivity of THC/Blood ratio. Some people can handle it better than others.

Sent from my raven

Now, now, "buzzed, but definitely safer than anyone else I see who drives on the roads completely sober"... Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now.

I've never seen you drive, but the majority of road users out there think they're top tier, above average, drivers as well.

Back
Top Bottom