Supersport vs ABS Supersport | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supersport vs ABS Supersport

sid_for_speed

So after riding my Ninja 300 ABS for 4 years I plan on upgrading to a 600SS.

Just wanted to know since my 300 came equipped with ABS I've never really ridden a bike without one...excluding 125cc trainer bikes...

Have you guys experienced lock up conditions of front brakes if you tried to jam them in really hard? I had no worries about it with the 300..also, any of you guys ever braked hard enough on your ABS SS bikes to actually have the unit kick in?

So after riding my Ninja 300 ABS for 4 years I plan on upgrading to a 600SS.

Just wanted to know since my 300 came equipped with ABS I've never really ridden a bike without one...excluding 125cc trainer bikes...

Have you guys experienced lock up conditions of front brakes if you tried to jam them in really hard? I had no worries about it with the 300..also, any of you guys ever braked hard enough on your ABS SS bikes to actually have the unit kick in?

pretty hard to lock up the front on dry roads, rear is easy of course

feel the ABS doing its thing often in the rain

ABS for sure ...only had them kick in twice on dry roads and one for sure saved my *** as I could be on full brakes on a 600 lb bike and still tiptoe by on a narrow strip of pavement instead of off into the grass.

Second time a squirrel, idjit woman panic brakes - I might have stopped without ABS as I've ridden for years without but was quite happy it was there.

Definitely go for ABS

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Locked up the front on my 650R (not an SS) in the rain and was on my *** so fast I don't even remember falling.

The goal of having ABS is to never have to actually use it...but that said, the 1-2 times I've had it come on with the bike and 3-4 times with the car, I've been extremely glad I had it.

If the option for ABS is there I would take it. TC as well if the bike you're looking at has any amount of power. As conundrum pretty much said, better to have it and not need it and all that good stuff.

I upgraded to a ZX-6R ABS from a Ninja 300 ABS last year. I have put down 12000km on the 636 so far, and have never experienced the ABS kicked in. But my riding style is very conservative...never speed, always keep a safe distance between car in front and I, never rode in the rain, etc.

Real men learn to brake bro,

In all seriousness however, get the ABS one if you have the option, like airbags, you dont need them until you do.

The danger here is I am now accustomed to riding an ABS bike. I do not think I've ever had them come on...hard as I used them...but now I suppose transition to a non ABS bike will be ..interesting..

Now to go and search out ABS SS bikes...

The danger here is I am now accustomed to riding an ABS bike. I do not think I've ever had them come on...hard as I used them...but now I suppose transition to a non ABS bike will be ..interesting..

Now to go and search out ABS SS bikes...

Go with ABS if you can find/afford it especially if you plan on riding in the rain on the street.

Typically you will hardly, if ever, feel the ABS trigger unless done so intentionally - If you do feel it trigger often, that's a whole other issue.

Personally, I've only felt my front ABS go off once (slightly) in an emergency situation, and only had rear go off 3-4 times when I intentionally triggered it just to see what happens.

The goal is to save your *** when you need it, not to rely on it. If it saves your *** even once, it'll be worth the few hundred extra you put into it.

Having ridden for several years with ABS . I don`t think I could go to a non ABS bike .

Back
Top Bottom