06 gsxr 750 headlight bulb confusion | GTAMotorcycle.com

06 gsxr 750 headlight bulb confusion

Gsxr75o

Okay so here's the problem at hand. I've recently picked up a 06 GSXR 750 and the bike had came with an HID kit and two LED bulbs for the day time runners (on either side of the headlight) The HIDs kept turning off at 4000rmps and higher and the little squares on the LEDs that illuminate fell off (six panels to be exact) and they were sitting at the bottom of my headlight. So with those two issues I figured seeing how I didn't know how long those HIDs have been in the bike the ballasts were probably shot or the wiring was F'd up and to rip it out and replace them with PIAA bright white bulbs (low and high) and as for the LED panels I had to disassemble the front end. Once all that was done, HIDs were out and fishing out the panels I proceeded to put in the PIAA bulbs. The high beam fit right in like it should.. the low bean only had two prongs and I notice the connector had three slots. The owners manual says H7 but it looks like it needs an H4.. Do I have a mix of Euro and American going on right now? And would the H4 even fit into the headlight housing???

Last edited:
post pics, seems confusing

on another note

did you move the rectifier to the side?
also check the stator

that bike has a design flaw and burns out the rectifier...then stator..then battery....your headlights starting to blow is a good start of knowing you have a problem.
IF you do not have these problems YET then you should relocate the rectifier right away.

Back
Top Bottom