Bike Transport | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Transport

Website says that a 5'x9' trailer is $25. Last time I had to use one was for a heavyweight cruiser and the 7' one wasn't long enough. Either way, it's a cheap option if you know what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing (no shame in that) and you won't need to do it very often then it's well worth the money to hire someone.

Enjoy the bike. Those Intruders are bullet proof! Just ask Aminal on this site!

Website says that a 5'x9' trailer is $25. Last time I had to use one was for a heavyweight cruiser and the 7' one wasn't long enough. Either way, it's a cheap option if you know what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing (no shame in that) and you won't need to do it very often then it's well worth the money to hire someone.

Enjoy the bike. Those Intruders are bullet proof! Just ask Aminal on this site!

but why the utility trailer, get the motorcycle trailer

this

MotorcycleTrailerLarge.png

not this

Open5x9RampLarge.png

never mind, my bad,,,,I see the bike specific one did not meet your requirements...how big of a bike was it, that it was longer than 7 feet....

Or just do this.
68da28767871d36f0805abbe6397e2f9.jpg

Idiot.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

LOL, unlike myself who bought a new $1200 trailer, slightly modified it, added a wheel chock, tie-down point etc. Oh well, I've been using it to trailer my SS up to the Muskoka's so I'm not beat by the time I get there. Coming home at night is nice and seems safer... Happy Apexes.

LOL, unlike myself who bought a new $1200 trailer, slightly modified it, added a wheel chock, tie-down point etc. Oh well, I've been using it to trailer my SS up to the Muskoka's so I'm not beat by the time I get there. Coming home at night is nice and seems safer... Happy Apexes.

Off topic but I think this is my main riding plans for this year.

There are many reliable and reputable international vehicle shipping companies who offer best bike shipping services. My friend had transported his bike by hiring the services of We Will Transport It (http://www.wewilltransportit.com/motorcycle-hauling/) because they had an experienced team with all necessary skills and useful resources when transporting vehicles. If you want, you can contact them or if you want there are other shipping services are also available like Uship, Auto Movers, etc.

No worries.

Than you have to have straps, canyon dancer or equivalent, ramp, cost of fuel, etc.

Just like one guy recently who dropped his bike trying to save a buck, which cost him $600 in panel replacement.

Uhaul rents "bike trailers"... I've rented from them 3x.
$15 a day plus taxes... All you need to bring are straps and a vehicle that can tow the trailer.

No worries.

Than you have to have straps, canyon dancer or equivalent, ramp, cost of fuel, etc.

Just like one guy recently who dropped his bike trying to save a buck, which cost him $600 in panel replacement.

+1 he's been around a long time and is a super nice guy in person too!

I can confirm u haul is $14.95 for the day, I've used them many times. After tax is comes to like $18-something

Some people's kids...

Can't wait for the follow up thread "help GTAM...just lost my 300 and wiped out a schoolbus full of children"

Whats that got to do with anything? Any good quality properly installed hitch and a 340lb bike on a 500lb rack would be more than adequate. Its not a half ton bagger on a pinto.

I can't find any class III hitch for the elantra, which is what you need for that hitch carrier. The class I hitch that is available maxes out at 200lbs tongue weight.

I can't find any class III hitch for the elantra, which is what you need for that hitch carrier. The class I hitch that is available maxes out at 200lbs tongue weight.
Oh, well there we go. I hadn't done the research was just looking around. Thanks for the real info, better than just spouting some nonsense about wiping out schoolbuses. Some people are just so depressing

Last edited:
I had that exact carrier, it will definitely not work on a small car like an elantra. I used it on a ram 1500 then a ram 2500, I wouldn't use it on my honda odessey. It puts a ton of weight/leverage on the rear suspension.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Whats that got to do with anything? Any good quality properly installed hitch and a 340lb bike on a 500lb rack would be more than adequate. Its not a half ton bagger on a pinto.

As others have said, with hitch carriers, you need to consider all of the forces being put into the tow vehicle, it's not as simple as straight tongue weight. As a simple first cut, you are looking at 400 lbs ~4 ft behind your rear wheels (39" overhang + the length of the carrier). This takes ~150 lbs off the front tires (approximately 10% of their normal loading) and adds approximately 550 lbs to the rear wheels (approximately a 50% increase). There are also ugly forces in the other axes as well. For trucks with dirt bikes, they are a great idea. With smaller vehicles or bigger bikes things get dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom