Kijiji Hijinx | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji Hijinx

I've been burned by a "I'm on my way" buyer before.
Now I send them to the local Tim's and have them text me when they are they. It's a 2 min drive for me. If they are not there, I grab a steeped tea, head home and block their number.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

A veritable treasure trove of life hacks in one seamlessly misspelled directive. I see you're not to be trifled with.

A veritable treasure trove of life hacks in one seamlessly misspelled directive. I see you're not to be trifled with.
Fat fingers strike again.

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.
This still gets me every time!
I spit coffee everywhere and that was the clincher for me being an @inreb fanboy.

Last edited:
I drove from Barrie to London, brought cash, truck and ramps. Seller knew I was coming. Got there just in time for the seller to ask me for help loading the bike he had just sold to someone else!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Did that before...back in the day. To London as well. Bike was still there, but it wasn't any where near as described.

Back in the paper copy Motorcycle Trader days I traded a clean GPZ550 for a very clean XL350R. Rode it a couple years then listed it for sale thinking "how much can it be worth, really?" Set price at $1200. Sold it straight away to a panicky old gentleman. I got answering machine messages for weeks, some of them pretty disturbing. I probably could have sold it for double.

Over the years I've done things like this, but mostly with company customer service e-mails. Odd requests to hotels, etc. I actually had a demolition company give me a price on renting their crane and wrecking ball to film an adult movie. This is what happens when I'm between projects at work.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I had a set of winter tires & wheels listed for $450 and received a low-ball of $50

E8E14BCE-5F11-40E5-BDD2-14D76E4F4DF8_zpss3atjyho.jpeg

In my reply, I edited his message to say "$500" and then said "$500? I only had it listed for $450..." oh what fun!!!

765168BE-FE28-4431-93E6-3ED85E368B21_zpsude1drpw.jpeg

Lolz ?

I dunno when this change was made, but apparently now you have to enter engine displacement when listing parts. This is driving me crazy because I used to be able to filter out all the parts by entering a minimum engine displacement (also worked for filtering out most dirtbikes if you put >250cc). Nobody has used the subcategories correctly the entire time Kijiji has existed. argh

Bought a newish bike this spring, just traded in the old one. i saved on HST but lost on the value of the bike. I know I could have done better selling it through kijiji but just could not bring myself to deal with the low ballers, wanna be test pilots and other assorted idiots. I rationalized by lost dollars by realizing my time is valuable and more importantly my mental health is valuable.

Bought a newish bike this spring, just traded in the old one. i saved on HST but lost on the value of the bike. I know I could have done better selling it through kijiji but just could not bring myself to deal with the low ballers, wanna be test pilots and other assorted idiots. I rationalized by lost dollars by realizing my time is valuable and more importantly my mental health is valuable.

I've been pondering the same but with a car. Would make way more selling it privately but what a pain it is.

The low balls and sometimes harassing responses are awful.

I've been pondering the same but with a car. Would make way more selling it privately but what a pain it is.

The low balls and sometimes harassing responses are awful.

If sellers are expecting that kind of response maybe I'll buy my next vehicle there. I don't mind a good low ball.(Looking for a used Ford Ranger btw)

I've got a couple of floppy drives I could trade for the RAM, I'll even throw in a box of floppy disks..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom