Sold two wheels to help fund four wheels... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sold two wheels to help fund four wheels...

Triple

Site Supporter
Sold two wheels to help fund four wheels... (328i)

Temporarily out of the motorcycle game to fund a mildly enjoyed 2012 BMW 328i... and no regrets :)

Very happy with my "new to me" ride.

I picked up a 2012 328i (luxury line) with only 67,000 km (now at 74,000) off lease. It sat for 9 months at the dealers so I was able to secure a better deal

It's in superb condition. It's been checked over by the dealer.

It's fully loaded, and quite frankly, I'm still learning how to use everything!

The dealer installed 4 new tires.
It also came with 4 winter tires mounted on very nice (too nice) BMW alloy rims with only 3200 km on them (basically new)
new rubber matts, front and back
new complete front brakes
new wiper blades
new driver's side tie-rod assembly as it was found to be too tight when performing the alignment. Laser alignment is bang on
It is fully up-to-date with servicing.

I am told that I can go 18,000-24,000 km between oil changes, but I might do it more frequently.

It's white with black Dakota leather interior and Anthracite wood trim. Very sharp.

It did have one deficiency that I just had rectified, the PO got a 'bit' of curb rash on 3 of the rims... BMW's body shop took care of that for me.

A few crappy Android photos the day I picked her up from the dealers:

2012 BMW 328i, Luxury Line by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
Re: Sold two wheels to help fund four wheels... (328i)

Very nice car! Enjoy.

Auto/MAN-ual?

8-speed automatic with manual shift mode

Congrats....

Can't go wrong with a nice car.....

awww you could have picked up a bike while you were so close to BMW Motorrad.....

I tried very hard to avoid that area... my pockets are empty! lol

Nice ride, my advice on oil changes...

If you plan on keeping the car for a long time and go higher into the mileage keep them around 10K. The long intervals are more of a risk based marketing thing to reduce the impression of operating costs. The car will last well past the warranty period and how long the original owner will own it (low risk) but it will have a much shorter lifespan screwing over the second or third owner....

I have a BMW block as an end table. Came out of a friend's 3 series at around 180,000 km (if I remember right). From the internals it looked like it had 400,000 plus on it with lots of abuse. Regular oil changes following manufactures recommendations, second owner (had records back to new). My buddy would do the changes based on what the car's computer told him about oil life... His new car it is every 10K!

Not an issue <for you> if you plan to sell it in the mid 100's...

Brain P. is a good source re oil change but 5k to 7k is my rule for car... more highway driving then 7k.

Oil is what keeps metal from wearing.
Seems like cheap insurance.

Wonder why the car sat there for so long?

Is it like other BMWs with optional indicator lights?

Yup, you can tell it is part of the family because it is in its rightful place in a wheelchair parking spot.

Nice car Triple, enjoy.

If memory serves BMWs use a stupidly large amount of oil per change (something like 6-8L of oil), which lends to the longer than average intervals. Also if memory serves, there is no dip stick, so the only way to know if you put enough oil in the car after a change is with their diagnostic computer...sadly.

Brain P. is a good source re oil change but 5k to 7k is my rule for car... more highway driving then 7k.

Oil is what keeps metal from wearing.
Seems like cheap insurance.

Wonder why the car sat there for so long?

Budds' had a ton of inventory and high prices! In my last visit (a week ago), many many of their 2012's and 2013's have moved due to 0.9% financing incentives and dropped prices--most of them are also out of warranty.

I still purchased a 2-year/60K extended warranty for a little extra peace of mind.

If memory serves BMWs use a stupidly large amount of oil per change (something like 6-8L of oil), which lends to the longer than average intervals. Also if memory serves, there is no dip stick, so the only way to know if you put enough oil in the car after a change is with their diagnostic computer...sadly.

Yes to both. There's also an oil sensor that adjusts your intervals based on driving characteristics. The harder you drive, average oil temperature and some suspended particulate sensor all play into the computers recommended next oil change. It actually varies! Believe it or not, the maximum oil change interval is 24,000 km !!

For peace of mind, I will change every 12K. I do 90% highway and my revs are almost always under 2000 rpm. It's geared really tall in top gear (8-speed trans).

Yup, you can tell it is part of the family because it is in its rightful place in a wheelchair parking spot.

Nice car Triple, enjoy.

yes sir, and I also forgot what blinkers are ;)

lol... there's actually blinkers on the ends of the mirrors, I haven't used them yet, but I can confirm they are there! ;)

traded a bike for a grocery getter damn

traded a bike for a grocery getter damn

Will trade some of my "gear" (those who know me, know what I'm talking about) for another motorcycle. lol

Yeah, she's a real granny-mobile... but it holds my gear and gets me from point A to point B, lol

Back
Top Bottom