New young rider with a suspension on record from 2yrs ago, help would be appreciated | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New young rider with a suspension on record from 2yrs ago, help would be appreciated

It says first offence...but under the stipulations it doesnt mention speeding as an 'offence' only certain limitations on driving(time wise) and zero BAC content....Im not a lawyer
but this seems like a potential loop hole

Everyone speeds but doesnt mean they get their license suspended, provided they havent accumulated enough points

Guess i didnt know

It says first offence...but under the stipulations it doesnt mention speeding as an 'offence' only certain limitations on driving(time wise) and zero BAC content....Im not a lawyer
but this seems like a potential loop hole

Everyone speeds but doesnt mean they get their license suspended, provided they havent accumulated enough points

Guess i didnt know

OP: ......I was going over 30 the limit on the 401..

All drivers face penalties if they violate the laws of Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act. Novice drivers can also receive “escalating” penalties – consequences that get stiffer with each similar offence – for breaking certain laws.

For a first offence: your driver’s licence is suspended for 30 days.

Escalating penalties can apply if you are:

• convicted of breaking graduated licensing rules
  • convicted of a Highway Traffic Act offence that results in four or more demerit points (e.g., street racing, careless driving)
  • subject to a court-ordered suspension for a Highway Traffic Act offence that would have otherwise resulted in four or more demerit points
4 demerit points will be added if you are convicted of:

• exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/hour
  • following too closely

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So i bought a 2010 Ninja 250r without realizing that I may not be able to get insurance because of my driving record.

I'm 21 and recently just got my M2 but i have a suspension on my record from 2 years ago. I had my G2 at the time (now i have a full G) and my license was automatically suspended when I got a speeding ticket. I live in Scarborough but the address on my license is for my brothers place close to Ottawa because I go to school there and commute back and forth. I've been calling a few insurance companies trying to get a quote (Riders Plus, State Farm, TD) and most of them told me that since I have a suspension on my record they won't insure me. Do you guys know if it is possible for me to even get insurance for my bike and if so, which companies will provide me insurance? Also, what price range would I be looking at?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Riders plus only looks at your three year abstract, wait till you have a clean 3 year abstract and you're good to go

Back
Top Bottom