London Attack - | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

London Attack -

Here's what I think a lot of people are missing that is very important. A majority of Muslims around the world believe Sharia law should be the law of the land. Again, this doesn't mean these people are going to do anything extreme themselves, but they believe in crazy ****. And would be clearing a path per say for extremists I guess?

Have any of you read about Sharia law? It is exactly the opposite of freedom from what I've seen. It doesn't work in Western society. It's inequality of women and you cannot criticize Islam at all and that's just two points of many.

So if you let 'x' amount of Muslims into Canada a large percentage will believe this should be their law. How's that going to work out? It's not the extremists who should be the ones we fear. Does this make sense to anyone? Am I totally off here?

Here's what I think a lot of people are missing that is very important. A majority of Muslims around the world believe Sharia law should be the law of the land. Again, this doesn't mean these people are going to do anything extreme themselves, but they believe in crazy ****. And would be clearing a path per say for extremists I guess?

Have any of you read about Sharia law? It is exactly the opposite of freedom from what I've seen. It doesn't work in Western society. It's inequality of women and you cannot criticize Islam at all and that's just two points of many.

So if you let 'x' amount of Muslims into Canada a large percentage will believe this should be their law. How's that going to work out? It's not the extremists who should be the ones we fear. Does this make sense to anyone? Am I totally off here?

Well the lefties will call you intolerant and create new laws to suppress your free speech.

And then there are those of us that know that Sharia Law is precisely the inevitable risk and hence we don't want Shiny Pony importing any more terrorists.....I mean refugees willy nilly.

and how is it that you know this?

and how is it that you know this?

Google son. Basically every news site reports it. In the Toronto Sun there was an article in 2011 stating 61% of Muslim Canadians want some sort of Sharia law implementation. There's over a million in Canada now. Look into any mostly Muslim country it's the majority in most cases. Look into Indonesia, once diverse is now 87% Muslim and they are picking off the non Muslims slowly but surely.

Last edited:
Google son. Basically every news site reports it. In the Toronto Sun there was an article in 2011 stating 61% of Muslim Canadians want some sort of Sharia law implementation. There's over a million in Canada now.

the Sun....okay, which is the world's most populous Muslim country?

Well, the Quran called the non believers "infidels " & lying to an infidel is totally acceptable. Also, violence to infidel is acceptable & is encouraged.

Why not just ban religion all together? Problem solved. The fact that humans this day and age need the threat of Devine punishment or reward to behave is maddening.

Religion was created for the weak minded and poor as a means of control. The promise of a Devine afterlife as long as they behaved and served their rulers.

Why not just ban religion all together? Problem solved. The fact that humans this day and age need the threat of Devine punishment or reward to behave is maddening.

Religion was created for the weak minded and poor as a means of control. The promise of a Devine afterlife as long as they behaved and served their rulers.

I completely disagree. Religion is a tool to improve one's self and that should be it. It's hard for a pleb like me to explain. But it is damaging when you take your religious beliefs and try to implement them into science or politics or law. Doesn't mean religion is bad. I used think that way too..

I agree Ray but banning what people believe in is futile. However, we could put an end to religion's influence on law making, politics, economy, education, etc..

We went through thousands of years of social growth and now, for some reason, we're letting medieval minds dictate to us.

Religion is a tool to improve one's self and that should be it.

But is it really?

Ask anyone that's been subject to rape and sexual abuse by a Catholic Priest or an Imam, or a woman that has suffered physical or mental abuse at the hands of her husband in the name of god and you may get a different answer. How has it improved their life?

The phrase "Rule of Thumb" came from a edict from the Catholic church where it was declared OK to beat your wife provided the stick was no thicker that your thumb. 2 men were just executed in Saudi Arabia for cross dressing. Even a Saudi Prince just had a $12m horse euthanized because it tried to hump another stallion. WTF!!! Seems to me that its just a lot of ignorance.

And why can't Women be Priests or Imams, its simply because its an "old boys" club in all these religions and I think most of these abusers join these religions simply because they can get away with this sort of behaviour. Granted it does happen in all walks of life. Why do you think that Gordon Stuckless hung around Maple Leaf Gardens as long as he did, it wasn't for his career prospects.

I would argue if you really want to improve yourself then just become a Scientologist. It's certainly working for Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Beck, Issac Hayes... even Keith Code. He was basically a down and out junkie before Scientology.

But is it really?

Ask anyone that's been subject to rape and sexual abuse by a Catholic Priest or an Imam, or a woman that has suffered physical or mental abuse at the hands of her husband in the name of god and you may get a different answer. How has it improved their life?

The phrase "Rule of Thumb" came from a edict from the Catholic church where it was declared OK to beat your wife provided the stick was no thicker that your thumb. 2 men were just executed in Saudi Arabia for cross dressing. Even a Saudi Prince just had a $12m horse euthanized because it tried to hump another stallion. WTF!!! Seems to me that its just a lot of ignorance.

And why can't Women be Priests or Imams, its simply because its an "old boys" club in all these religions and I think most of these abusers join these religions simply because they can get away with this sort of behaviour. Granted it does happen in all walks of life. Why do you think that Gordon Stuckless hung around Maple Leaf Gardens as long as he did, it wasn't for his career prospects.

I would argue if you really want to improve yourself then just become a Scientologist. It's certainly working for Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Beck, Issac Hayes... even Keith Code. He was basically a down and out junkie before Scientology.

Cool story bro but there are many different ways to skin that cat. I could tell you all about the evils of the car if I wanted to convince you not to drive to work. Apples and oranges and other delicious fruits.

its an "old boys" club in all these religions and I think most of these abusers join these religions simply because they can get away with this sort of behaviour.

Reminds me of that great line in Caddyshack:

Danny Noonan: I've often thought of entering the Priesthood.

Bishop: Oh, are you a Roman Catholic?

[Danny nods]

Bishop: Oh, then I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can't come

Cool story bro but there are many different ways to skin that cat. I could tell you all about the evils of the car if I wanted to convince you not to drive to work. Apples and oranges and other delicious fruits.

I don't understand this comment. Are you denying that child and abuse takes place in these religions, or are you advocating that its fine as its being perpetrated in the name of a god?

Cars are dangerous but there are laws enacted that attempt to limit the risk when driving. Seems like religion has carte blanch with no checks and balances.

the bible encourages mistreatment of nonbelievers too, maybe we should do something about these jews and christians.
Mike beat me to it. I'd like to know too. The one I read, I have never read such thing. Maybe I read the wrong one
Link to Chapter and verse.....and context please. Also ensure you consider the difference between prescriptive and descriptive when providing link.

I don't understand this comment. Are you denying that child and abuse takes place in these religions, or are you advocating that its fine as its being perpetrated in the name of a god?

Cars are dangerous but there are laws enacted that attempt to limit the risk when driving. Seems like religion has carte blanch with no checks and balances.

Don't millions of people practice religion without any of the negatives you list? You can have one without the other you know. Please bear in mind I was responding to your response to Defeater905 post #30.

Back
Top Bottom