CHIPS movie | GTAMotorcycle.com

CHIPS movie

Ugh. Modern "Hollywood" goes back into the archives for a "new" idea and totally cheapens and debases it.

CHiPs is kind of a hard thing to defend through the lens of ~40 years of cultural and entertainment changes. Yes, it was disco and corny and the stories were bad and the acting and characters -- at times -- worse. But, as an ~11 year old at the time, I loved that show. Truth be told, CHiPs served as one of the drivers that started my interest in motorcycles.

I hate that today's executives keep going back to the well and grabbing **** out of my childhood and wrecking it. I'm not really sure what the thinking is here: the CHiPs name would be known immediately to anyone 40-60 years old but people born in the 90s and oughts probably hadn't heard of it until this trailer appeared. So, are they thinking they can get both demographics in one swoop: name recognition for the old farts and insipid, shallow humour for the younger set? Going by IMDB's rating system looks like they failed on both counts.

This isn't about Ruffles and Doritos...wth:confused:

And they tend to make them into stupid comedies. They could have went with a Miami Vice or Bad Boys approach...add a dark twist with lots of cars and bikes scenes...action/drama...sometimes thriller?

This isn't about Ruffles and Doritos...wth:confused:

And they tend to make them into stupid comedies. They could have went with a Miami Vice or Bad Boys approach...add a dark twist with lots of cars and bikes scenes...action/drama...sometimes thriller?

they
That would be more expensive.....and would have to get good writers and a good story.

....hmmmm...then again ......there's is a whole string of F&F movies.....so maybe not.

Well I got some free passes for the movie so it looks like I will be going to see it.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Perhaps this will help ease the sting a little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7eO-HO7GLI

Interesting. At 0:57 the dude talks about his father beating him when his mother wasn't around to be his punching bag. Sounds familiar. Not everyone grew up in idyll; some kids have coping/escape mechanisms like losing themselves in storybooks or TV shows, imagining themselves somewhere else, even if only for an hour at a time.

It wasn't my intent to go there in my earlier post but will just say, regarding your link, "it's not always as simple as that." Don't assume anything.

Back
Top Bottom